PRGR vs S80 launch monitors

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone got the PRGR ?
I have a sat nav already but was thinking I could trade it in and get an S80 or getting the PRGR and use my existing sat nav.
Any feedback would be great!

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Considering one too, certainly get good reviews for the money.
I have purchased the G80 not arrived yet.
I looked at the reviews which were on the whole pretty good for both products.
The Garmin is almost double the price but with it doubling up as a GPS and having a few more user options that swayed me towards the Garmin.
I should have it by Wednesday so I'll see how it performs and once we're back golfing I'll compare it against the skytrack at my club.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
All the reviews I’ve seen of lower end gear is they are fine for irons but fail toward the driver end due to swing speeds. It’s a big jump up to a mevo+ or SkyTrak though. Especially as new SkyTraks that cost £2k are out of stock and second hand ones are selling for £4K on eBay!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The thing that would put me off the PRGR device is that you cannot adjust the lofts of your clubs...so if you are playing say more modern irons with "so called" jacked lofts you may have to select a lower numbered club (e.g an 8iron instead of a 9iron) to effectively tell the device the correct loft you are using.

peld

Visit site
I have a PRGR coming next week. Obviously can’t really do much until I can get the range to properly compare.
Main reasons for buying wasn’t really the lockdown for for winter when on the range at night, as I can’t see beyond 100 yards