Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I know you like to add a little needle now and again, and Liverpool are the fake rivalry because they're competition. BUT that's shocking.

English fans were to blame for the european ban. Supporters of all clubs were up to no good
Really? all English fans? I agree we had a problem, but some teams over the 5 years who missed out see themselves as innocent, ie Norwich, Oxford, Sheff Weds, Coventry, Wimbledon, Luton etc.

Thatcher was the one totally responsible for the ban and Heysel gave her the excuse.

D

Deleted member 1740

Really? all English fans? I agree we had a problem, but some teams over the 5 years who missed out see themselves as innocent, ie Norwich, Oxford, Sheff Weds, Coventry, Wimbledon, Luton etc.

Thatcher was the one totally responsible for the ban and Heysel gave her the excuse.

All English fans played there part prior to Heysel. Liverpool were the final nail in the coffin.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Football in that era domestically had problems. I'm sure there were fans of every clubs that would have been innocent. But by and large it was an issue for most.

If you think I meant literally every single fan then you're welcome to that interpretation.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If the whole season gets voided then there's no point anymore. Finish it off whenever its possible to do so, with exception of the Championship, promote Leeds now and forget about whoever is in 2nd place.

D

Deleted member 16999

All English fans played there part prior to Heysel. Liverpool were the final nail in the coffin.
Sorry mate, I don’t believe you can tar everyone with same brush.
Some of those Clubs who missed out on Europe had never played in a European competition.
Violence in England alone would never have got us banned from Europe.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sorry mate, I don’t believe you can tar everyone with same brush.
Some of those Clubs who missed out on Europe had never played in a European competition.
Violence in England alone would never have got us banned from Europe.

Prior to European Cup Final 1985, all English fans had caused/took part in trouble in Europe.

D

Deleted member 16999

Prior to European Cup Final 1985, all English fans had caused/took part in trouble in Europe.
It’s old ground mate and not related to the current situation so I’ll bow out of this one as as you’ve already said Heysel was the final nail and for me it was the excuse thatcher was looking for, I don’t believe you can say all English fans and if Heysel hadn’t of happened who knows if a ban would of come about through another event or not.

As we’ve seen posted on here before, some fan’s of other Clubs that missed out on Europe wrongly only blame Lpool and that won’t change.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Let me just chuck in a grenade....

Imo he knew what he was saying. I'm not saying he was accusing the Liverpool fans for causing the tragedy. But he was clearly laying the blame for the ban at their feet.
I was, hence the grenade but it was in no way referencing any tragedy.

D

Deleted member 1418

Hooliganism in the 70s and 80s was rife right across Europe, but was a particular problem in England, with every club having their fair share of idiots.

I know Stu has covered the Heysel point very well, but also needs pointing out that Heysel was totally inappropriate for hosting the European Cup Final - from memory think the reports afterwards highlighted the actual state of the stadium and how decrepit it was.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well done Scabbyboy using a tragedy to back up a point ?

For the record, Thatcher banned ALL English clubs, NOT the fa or Uefa.

Right this is my last post on this matter.
Quote,
On June 2, 1985, the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) bans Englishfootball (soccer) clubs from competing in Europe.

The ban was put in place by UEFA. you can find that on many a site. It endorses my comments that when it comes to people governing football.
Fair does not come into it. However once more the point is not about Liverpool and some kind of fake rivalry it is about fair. It is not about the dark history of events which I have not quoted but others have.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well done you for bringing up the miners strike and calling them a scab to shame someone.
Two wrongs and all that.

Hardly, he openly admitted to it whilst bragging about his round the world holidays not before moaning he had his pension robbed though.... Unless you've got something to add to the debate i suggest you move along

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I just love how every team is putting their own interests ahead of anything else. Liverpool want the season to end as it is now, Man City want it annulled, teams in the bottom three want no relegation, teams in the top two in the Championship want auto promotion, teams in 3rd-6th want the playoffs to continue. And some are already threatening legal action if they don't get their own way.

The world is going to hell in a handcart and all these sports owners/officials can think about are their own selfish interests. Screw the lot of them!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just love how every team is putting their own interests ahead of anything else. Liverpool want the season to end as it is now, Man City want it annulled, teams in the bottom three want no relegation, teams in the top two in the Championship want auto promotion, teams in 3rd-6th want the playoffs to continue. And some are already threatening legal action if they don't get their own way.

The world is going to hell in a handcart and all these sports owners/officials can think about are their own selfish interests. Screw the lot of them!

i would think you would find that most LFC fans dont want it finishing "as is", and ideally want the season played out to win it with 38 games played, or at the least enough points gained so that City cant mathematically catch them.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know you like to add a little needle now and again, and Liverpool are the fake rivalry because they're competition. BUT that's shocking.

English fans were to blame for the european ban. Supporters of all clubs were up to no good
If Heysel had NOT happened would English Clubs have been in Europe in 1986?