Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Not sure how I want today to pan out.... I'd love for both man utd and Chelsea to have missed out on the champions League spots, but on the balance of things I'll plump for 3rd and 4th to go to Leicester and Chelsea.

As for relegation.... I hope Bournemouth manage to stay up somehow with Watford going down.

I'd like Bournemouth to stay up from a footballing view, but it would be good to see Villa stay up and try and break back into the top half next season and stay there.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd be happy to see Bournemouth go. When I've seen them they've been like Houghton's Brighton - time wasting, niggly, rotational fouling etc etc.
Would prefer villa to stay up. Big city clubs with lots of support are generally good for the game (imho). Also, like west ham, they are far too incompetent to ever manage to kill a game, and their support expects them to at least try and play football.
Watford? Despite being Hert's finest, it's hard to have an opinion, except that deeney's a **** and won't be missed.

Not sure the big cities having multiple sides is good for the game at all, just centralises it into a fewer locations.

Surely having a more diverse set of locations is better for the game (as well as the other cities/towns) that have a club in the premier league?

D

Deleted member 1740

Will Real Madrid have to self isolate for 14 days when they come to Man. city next mont.

Tashy will be dancing in the streets. Hope yer well mi man!

Just null and void the competition. It's not the same competition as it was before lockdown because it's going to a straight knock out instead of 2 legs.

Whoever wins, it will always have an asterisk against it.

D

Deleted member 1740

wouldnt want to be the only ones with an asterisk eh ;)

All those crying for Null and Void in the league surely want the same for a competition that has completely changes its rules, no?

D

Deleted member 16999

Just null and void the competition. It's not the same competition as it was before lockdown because it's going to a straight knock out instead of 2 legs.

Whoever wins, it will always have an asterisk against it.
Totally agree, that and the EL, they’ve changed the format of the Comps, at the PL only had empty stadiums.
There’ll be no kuodos in winning the CL this season.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
theyve also been one of the hardest hit by Covid19 missing several players who are out of contract this summer since resuming
Yes that’s a good reason
But Covid dosnt make you miss the target from 6 yds like some of the players have done.
They have played some really good football and lost or drawn games they really should have won.
I hope they stay up as they should be well above the fight.
But the table dosnt lie.!

D

Deleted member 1740

haha, works both ways surely ;)

for the record never cried for it in either

No I dont think it does. The only changes to PL games was drinks breaks and extra subs which all clubs agreed on a health and safety basis.

If the games were played in neutral venues I'd agree as it takes home advantage away for some of the other clubs, ie those with smaller pitches etc

The CL has become a complete different competition to the one prior to lock down, a single game knockout on neutral a venue.

Add in the new quarantine rules from spain and the potential spike in numbers it makes sense to null and void it .

Btw I know you didnt cry for it, I've just checked my list ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They lost quite a few 1st team players through injury, and they havent got the biggest of squads anyway.
Yes get that.
But I still think they played well enough to win more games if their finishing was better.
Not really critical of them just my opinion that the strikers were a bit off form after returning.
I hope they survive.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure the big cities having multiple sides is good for the game at all, just centralises it into a fewer locations.

Surely having a more diverse set of locations is better for the game (as well as the other cities/towns) that have a club in the premier league?
I think the west mids is a large enough geographical area to support a couple of prem teams. I cant see the three of them still being there this time next year.
For balance, it would also be good if either derby or forest could get their act together. Seems unlikely though.
My problem with Bournemouth is more to do with having had to endure watching them than their location.