Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It looks like Spurs are done.
I wonder who Mourinho's going to blame?
According to all of the pundits and commentators he is a tactical genius on these occasions so I don't understand how they are not winning ?.

Just how long will they keep bringing out that line?

Jensen, I'm thinking of you. Head up mate ?.

D

Deleted member 16999

According to all of the pundits and commentators he is a tactical genius on these occasions so I don't understand how they are not winning ?.

But in all fairness I thought OGS did a Jose job on City on sunday.

Funny how those tactics are ok when you win.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

I’d love to know who is saying this because most I listen to have been saying he’s an awful tactician and awful man manager for years.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
But in all fairness I thought OGS did a Jose job on City on sunday.

Funny how those tactics are ok when you win.
Any tactics are fine if you win. If you keep doing the same tactics and lose then maybe they aren't great tactics for that game.

There are multiple reasons for spurs losing this and other games but I am bored of Mourinho being treated like the messiah by pundits and commentators when he has not been close to that for a good few years now. They are talking about historical Mourinho, not current Mourinho. As it always seems to be with him, he is a genius when his team wins, the players are at fault when his team loses.

D

Deleted member 16999

Any tactics are fine if you win. If you keep doing the same tactics and lose then maybe they aren't great tactics for that game.

There are multiple reasons for spurs losing this and other games but I am bored of Mourinho being treated like the messiah by pundits and commentators when he has not been close to that for a good few years now. They are talking about historical Mourinho, not current Mourinho. As it always seems to be with him, he is a genius when his team wins, the players are at fault when his team loses.
He’s won trophies at virtually every Club he’s managed and is 4 months in to this job with a squad that isn’t his.

I wouldn’t be happy if we started blaming Ancelotti after just 4 months.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He’s won trophies at virtually every Club he’s managed and is 4 months in to this job with a squad that isn’t his.

I wouldn’t be happy if we started blaming Ancelotti after just 4 months.
He won 2 trophy’s (not including charity shield) at Man U, then got the sack the season after, basically because no C/L and playing boring football.
Lost the dressing room at Chelsea where players stopped playing for the club especially Hazard ( who carried on kissing the badge after he left and the fans still loved him)
His man management of Shaw was poor and certainly didn’t help him play better, he has started doing the same with certain players at Spurs now and it will not help.
Only realistic chance of a trophy this season was the FA cup, the performance was dire and tactically inept.

We had little chance tonight as IMO it was lost in the first leg, admittedly we have been hampered massively with injuries but to sit back at home and be so negative was wrong, the only way we could win this tie was to, at least try and be positive and win the home leg, then go and defend on the away leg.

It’s not going to end well

D

Deleted member 16999

He won 2 trophy’s (not including charity shield) at Man U, then got the sack the season after, basically because no C/L and playing boring football.
Lost the dressing room at Chelsea where players stopped playing for the club especially Hazard ( who carried on kissing the badge after he left and the fans still loved him)
His man management of Shaw was poor and certainly didn’t help him play better, he has started doing the same with certain players at Spurs now and it will not help.
Only realistic chance of a trophy this season was the FA cup, the performance was dire and tactically inept.

We had little chance tonight as IMO it was lost in the first leg, admittedly we have been hampered massively with injuries but to sit back at home and be so negative was wrong, the only way we could win this tie was to, at least try and be positive and win the home leg, then go and defend on the away leg.

It’s not going to end well
I don’t doubt anything you say, but to judge any “new” manager after 4 months is ridiculous, your injury list is terrible and he’s had the Jan transfer window in which very few Clubs spent.

You have to give him a chance of at least trying to build his squad and bringing in the players he wants.

You know what you are getting when you bring in Jose and it’s unfair to blame him for all the problems at previous Clubs, at least give him a chance at Spurs because I’d imagine he’ll be your manager for at least the next 18 months.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Man City Vs Arsenal is off as some Arsenal players and staff are in self isolation!

Attachments

• 18CF54F4-2F01-4BBB-AA82-C63BD921D95C.png
    18CF54F4-2F01-4BBB-AA82-C63BD921D95C.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 5

Swango1980

Visit site
I guess that could be Arsenal games postponed for at least 2 weeks then. This could snowball into quite a disruption to the league season.

So much for making Mahrez my captain in fantasy football this week, thinking he'd have 2 games.

Swango1980

Visit site
What are the odds this season will get finished now?

They are saying Serie A will probably not get finished, and so are discussing the following 3 options:

1. Playoffs to sort out winners and relegation
2. Keep table as it stands
3. Cancel season entirely