Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ighalo was superb when he came on, held the ball up fantastically, showed composure when they needed it. Excellent from United, gameplan worked and Ole gets another one over Pep. 10 games unbeaten, playing some good stuff. Fernandes has been an inspired signing as well, what a talent.

It depends who you ask. :rolleyes:

I think he's United's game changer and was banging on about signing him last summer.
I just wonder what the season would have been like if Woodward had pulled his finger out last July/August.
Thankfully, Spurs bought the wrong Fernandes!

Great composure and finish by Scott McDominate.
United are definitely trending in the right direction. :)(y)

D

Deleted member 1740

Just seen a stat City have lost more games this season than Arsenal and Wolves. Mad.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The are a lot of discussions on here about "real/proper" football fans as opposed to those that watch from their armchairs at home. I guess that applies most when discussing the PL but at lower league level that simply isn't true. Today my team played away at Carlisle, a 640 mile round trip. The away attendance for our club was 146. One hundred and forty six Col U fans are so dedicated to the club that they have travelled that distance to watch "their" club. To me they (along with those in all leagues that watch their team week in/week out) are what I would consider "real" fans.

100 fans going to an away game at Plymouth on a Tuesday night are far more impressive than 3000 fans turning up on a Saturday for a home game.

D

Deleted member 16999

The are a lot of discussions on here about "real/proper" football fans as opposed to those that watch from their armchairs at home. I guess that applies most when discussing the PL but at lower league level that simply isn't true. Today my team played away at Carlisle, a 640 mile round trip. The away attendance for our club was 146. One hundred and forty six Col U fans are so dedicated to the club that they have travelled that distance to watch "their" club. To me they (along with those in all leagues that watch their team week in/week out) are what I would consider "real" fans.

100 fans going to an away game at Plymouth on a Tuesday night are far more impressive than 3000 fans turning up on a Saturday for a home game.
With no disrespect mate, it’s not that simple, hat’s off to any fan travelling to support their team, but is a fan doing it for the first time this season any better than a fan who did for years and years and for whatever reason can’t do it anymore?

Do you lose the tag of “real fan” after missing so many games or seasons or in reverse, do you only get that tag after you’ve travelled to so many games.

The problem with the whole debate/discussion to me, is that it is wrong to label any individual with a particular status, armchair, home supporter only or goes to every game.

A “fan” is a “fan” and everybody’s circumstances are different and who are “we” to sit in judgement.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

It’s a nonsense invented by people who think they’re Uber fans. Simple fact is away tickets for some teams is hens teeth and some fans don’t attend the ground for many reasons including cost. Fans who go to the game are no better than so called armchair fans in the top leagues. They just like to think they are and that they understand the game more from their restricted views with no replays and inability to truly observe the finer nuances of a game that has become so quick at the top level that being there in person will never give the full picture, albeit the atmosphere is usually better.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mourinho starts with Alli as a striker when we have a striker in Lucas Moura on the bench ??
Lucas isn't a striker mate, what are you on about? He's winger or second-striker at best.

Liverpool have played an absolute ton of games this season already, the legs will be tiring, the chances of picking up injuries are higher, they've already lost a couple of key players to injuries. They have to rotate somewhere, and it's up to Klopp to decide where he wants to prioritise, has to be some give somewhere.
Their squad isn't deep enough for that. Incredible first team but very poor bench by comparison. Hence they run that first team into the ground.

Top managers don't care about the FA Cup, that's obvious. They are serving the board who'll tell them to prioritise the league/champs league qualification, and progressing in the Champion's League, because that's where all the money is. Managers don't work for the fans. If their reserves can get them to a domestic cup final that's just a bonus.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I went to 86 away grounds with Fulham in the 80's mainly in the lower divisions until the Al Fayed revolution came along and we starting progressing up the leagues. I know the joys of trains being delayed and arriving back at Kings Cross or Euston long after the last tube has gone and having to get home and then be back to work the next day. I don't go often anymore maybe four to five games a year at most. Am I any less of a fan now as I don't go as much anymore?