Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
After seeing his dive for that "foul" yesterday,Salah needs to up his game ?

Did you see Fred's 'dive'?
He did so well he got awarded with a yellow card ............................ but did the City defender get an assist?
He certainly should have.

D

Deleted member 1740

Did you see Fred's 'dive'?
He did so well he got awarded with a yellow card ............................ but did the City defender get an assist?
He certainly should have.

Yeah I did, probably the reason why he never got a pen because he made a meal of it.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I did, probably the reason why he never got a pen because he made a meal of it.
He was caught and wether he made a meal of it or not it’s a penalty.
If the VAR can’t see that with a slow mo he needs replacing.
Miss the refs debate today but surely they must of agreed he made a mistake.
I’m sure your comment was tongue in cheek

D

Deleted member 1740

He was caught and wether he made a meal of it or not it’s a penalty.
If the VAR can’t see that with a slow mo he needs replacing.
Miss the refs debate today but surely they must of agreed he made a mistake.
I’m sure your comment was tongue in cheek

Funny how you say that's a pen yet Mane was caught against Leicester and you were adamant he dived and it wasnt a pen??

Re VAR, I'll say again, until we improve the standard of refereeing VAR decisions will be inconsistent.

I can't wait for someone to score a goal with their armpit ?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Funny how you say that's a pen yet Mane was caught against Leicester and you were adamant he dived and it wasnt a pen??

Re VAR, I'll say again, until we improve the standard of refereeing VAR decisions will be inconsistent.

I can't wait for someone to score a goal with

Show me my comment on Mane to remind me

D

Deleted member 1740

I can't be arsed looking for it, it was last year though .

Before you get upset I thought it was a pen, but genuinely believe his theatrics cost him not getting it.

LB's idea of the pen and a booking is his best one yet.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't be arsed looking for it, it was last year though .

Before you get upset I thought it was a pen, but genuinely believe his theatrics cost him not getting it.

LB's idea of the pen and a booking is his best one yet.
Far from upset knew you were jesting.Not an obvious penalty before the slow mo but a dead cert when seen.
What VAR saw god only knows.
He got caught and was a pen pure and simple.
Anyway cheering on Villa tonight fancy Leicester to drop out top 4

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not even sure his theatrics were that bad (especially when compared some of late)

What I dont understand is VAR took less than 5 seconds to make their decision on how negligible the contact was yet need 4 minutes to make their decision on some

The big frustration is VAR was supposed to bring in more consistency, if anything it has magnified the inconsistency!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not even sure his theatrics were that bad (especially when compared some of late)

What I dont understand is VAR took less than 5 seconds to make their decision on how negligible the contact was yet need 4 minutes to make their decision on some

The big frustration is VAR was supposed to bring in more consistency, if anything it has magnified the inconsistency!

I think we could all forgive ref's making genuine mistakes when making a decision in real time and in a split second. What is unforgivable is the fact the same mistakes are being made with slow mo, drawings/lines and as long as they like to decide. It's truly shocking and I've lost all confidence in the process and watching a game is just frustrating.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think we could all forgive ref's making genuine mistakes when making a decision in real time and in a split second. What is unforgivable is the fact the same mistakes are being made with slow mo, drawings/lines and as long as they like to decide. It's truly shocking and I've lost all confidence in the process and watching a game is just frustrating.
Yes I agree .
I think they should be alerted by the VAR that there is a problem.
Just go and look at the screen and make your own mind up.
That way it’s the onfield refs decision.

Swango1980

Visit site
Shoulder must be handball now. There was one a few months ago (can't remember game) where same thing happened.

Maddison just barged in back in box. I doubt that will be given. I reckon if players appeal really hard, VAR is more likely to give it. Fred barely appealed yesterday, and therefore I doubt VAR gave it more than a few seconds thought. Had he furiously appealed, I bet VAR would have taken a lot longer to look at it.