Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
Arteta not a fan of the FA Cup then

Arsenal XI: Martínez, Sokratis, Luiz, Marí, Saka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Nelson, Willock, Martinelli, Nketiah.
To be fair the opposition is Portsmouth we should not need a stronger side than that out and our first XI weren't exactly great last Thursday so why not put this side out, only one I'm not sure on is Sokratis as RB.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be fair the opposition is Portsmouth we should not need a stronger side than that out and our first XI weren't exactly great last Thursday so why not put this side out, only one I'm not sure on is Sokratis as RB.

Not sure we are good enough to say "its only Portsmouth". Am actually pleased to see some of the youngsters playing, would like to see them play in the league too! Would rather see MN at right back and Holding instead of Luiz, would like to see more of Pepe and Ceballos who havent exactly played loads of football either

Good to know were all in for trying to finish 7th and get back in the Europa League tho!

Wolf

Visit site
Not sure we are good enough to say "its only Portsmouth". Am actually pleased to see some of the youngsters playing, would like to see them play in the league too! Would rather see MN at right back and Holding instead of Luiz, would like to see more of Pepe and Ceballos who havent exactly played loads of football either

Good to know were all in for trying to finish 7th and get back in the Europa League tho!
To be fair I didn't say we were good enough, but in theory that side should be to much for Portsmouth obviously proof is in the result.

Agreed rather see MN & Holding playing, I think he'll favour Ceballos in the league games over playing him against Portsmouth. As for the Pepe I'm still far from convinced, his decision making so far isn't great on when to release the ball and he's unbelievably predictable when he gets level with the 18 yard box. Hope Arteta can help him develop rest of the season and post season.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be fair I didn't say we were good enough, but in theory that side should be to much for Portsmouth obviously proof is in the result.

Agreed rather see MN & Holding playing, I think he'll favour Ceballos in the league games over playing him against Portsmouth. As for the Pepe I'm still far from convinced, his decision making so far isn't great on when to release the ball and he's unbelievably predictable when he gets level with the 18 yard box. Hope Arteta can help him develop rest of the season and post season.

Think theres been some better signs from Pepe of late, and the best thing for him surely would be game time, wherever it may be. Def a better player on the counter attack than when sides sit back on him tho

Wolf

Visit site
Think theres been some better signs from Pepe of late, and the best thing for him surely would be game time, wherever it may be. Def a better player on the counter attack than when sides sit back on him tho
He certainly playing with more confidence under Arteta than he did Emery, but he still for me runs blindly when he should release earlier and get his head up. The fact he literally only uses his right foot for standing on isn't helping him and against a decent team he effectively gets played out of the game. He should study what Robben used to do at Bayern there was a one footed player that knew how to be effective.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He certainly playing with more confidence under Arteta than he did Emery, but he still for me runs blindly when he should release earlier and get his head up. The fact he literally only uses his right foot for standing on isn't helping him and against a decent team he effectively gets played out of the game. He should study what Robben used to do at Bayern there was a one footed player that knew how to be effective.

there will never be a better one footed player at Arsenal than Nutty Nige lol, he could barely stand on his right leg!!!!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you seen our squad, ? we were down to bare bones in the first game of the season without injuries.

Seems to be like that every season at Arsenal, and yet no-one ever does anything about it. Been short on defenders for years and still seems to be one in -> one out. Mental.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Seems to be like that every season at Arsenal, and yet no-one ever does anything about it. Been short on defenders for years and still seems to be one in -> one out. Mental.

CBs are Luiz, Holding, Chambers, Mari, Socratis, Mavropanos (out on loan), and Saliba (out on loan). Arsenal have plenty of defenders. The problem is more that they are all crap.