Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Guess by the letter of the law it’s a late challenge and taking the man after the ball has been played - but it’s rare you see them given when it happens a lot but really should be a penalty and maybe it’s surprising that VAR didn’t look at it

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
And nobody else has any responsibility?

Yes, I’m annoyed he didn’t score, still a foul imo, if he’d of jumped up and made a move that would of being interfering with play the lino would of flagged.
Neither officials on the pitch saw no reason not to award a goal.
Deflecting onto Gylfi’s actions are red herrings.
Nope they’re told to defer these things to VAR. They aren’t sure if Sigurdsson is interfering so they use the option available to them and got it correct.

D

Deleted member 1418

So Yernited drew and the Spuds got beat; still Chelsea's main challengers for 4th are Wolves and Sheffield Utd........?????

D

Deleted member 1740

And nobody else has any responsibility?

Yes, I’m annoyed he didn’t score, still a foul imo, if he’d of jumped up and made a move that would of being interfering with play the lino would of flagged.
Neither officials on the pitch saw no reason not to award a goal.
Deflecting onto Gylfi’s actions are red herrings.

No it's not. He should've done better with both situations.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having watched Pickford today and the goal he conceded, I am really concerned for England. He isn't the best keeper we have and I feel he's an accident waiting to happen. Granted he hasn't done it in an England shirt but I think his PL form is patchy at best. On a similar note, what has happened to De Gea. He was touted as the best keeper in the world but looks so much more nervy these days and lacking in confidence. He still produces some great saves but his touch on the ball and on-field persona seems far more removed from where he was two seasons ago

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Videos emerging on social media of Villa fans fighting amongst themselves at Wembley today :(

It was the same at Wembley when I went in 1982 to watch The mighty Rainworth miners welfare play Forest Green rovers in the FA Vase final.

D

Deleted member 1418

The mini-league for 4th/5th place is so weak this year....:D

Congratulations to Watford, the game at Anfield could have also seen a different result on another day.(y)

You could argue that it's the battle for 4th/5th and relegation that's kept the league interesting!!??

Still very happy that my boys are still in 4th when a lot of people had us down for being nowhere near CL contention. If we do finish in 4th with our current injury list and a fair few players who need to be moved on at the end of the season then Frank gets a fair bit of credit from me.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You could argue that it's the battle for 4th/5th and relegation that's kept the league interesting!!??

Still very happy that my boys are still in 4th when a lot of people had us down for being nowhere near CL contention. If we do finish in 4th with our current injury list and a fair few players who need to be moved on at the end of the season then Frank gets a fair bit of credit from me.

we took Luiz we dont want anymore ok!!!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

That tends to be the case quite often. Last year was an exception but usually the relegation battle goes closer to the wire and is much more interesting.