Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Man Utd's defensive record since January is really impressive whatever way you look at it. They've kept 9 clean sheets in under two months. Yes a few have been against the likes of Bruges and Tranmere, however it's also been against Wolves twice, City and Chelsea. Credit where it's due. That includes switching left backs and not having a settled RCB.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
You know what they say about Stats

4 teams I believe have conceded less goals than UTD this season maybe 5 - when you bring in comps like Europa Lge as a marker it’s a lesser competition where you would expect UTD to stroll through that and not be troubled.

But if you still can’t think of better back 5’s than Utd’s then that’s your opinion

And why is it a silly comment in regards Balon D’Or ? If he is already that good his peers would have recongnised that surely ?

Fernandes may well turn out to be a good signing but if someone doesn’t see that yet it doesn’t mean they are a “fool” for refusing to see it.

Correct, they are indeed not necessarily a fool as I said in my original post.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Man Utd's defensive record since January is really impressive whatever way you look at it. They've kept 9 clean sheets in under two months. Yes a few have been against the likes of Bruges and Tranmere, however it's also been against Wolves twice, City and Chelsea. Credit where it's due. That includes switching left backs and not having a settled RCB.

I don’t need a reason to lay into Utd but you have to give credit where credit is due. If Utd are turning it around, there turning it around. Does it matter who they play. In the same sense do we diminish Liverpool’s achievements in the league this year coz the league is weak. No.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

4LEX

Visit site
I don’t need a reason to lay into Utd but you have to give credit where credit is due. If Utd are turning it around, there turning it around. Does it matter who they play. In the same sense do we diminish Liverpool’s achievements in the league this year coz the league is weak. No.

I have serious doubts as to Man United turning it around long term - the recent form has been two games against Bruges, a fortunate win at Chelsea and one excellent half against a woeful Watford side. They do have a good defence though. Maguire has got loads of stick for his fee but he's a top defender, leader and will be value over 5 years. AWB is just a total beast and the best right back in the league defensive wise.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I have serious doubts as to Man United turning it around long term - the recent form has been two games against Bruges, a fortunate win at Chelsea and one excellent half against a woeful Watford side. They do have a good defence though. Maguire has got loads of stick for his fee but he's a top defender, leader and will be value over 5 years. AWB is just a total beast and the best right back in the league defensive wise.

Totally agree,” from the little acorn “ and all that. Trouble is there needs to be patience. Think OGS has a lot on his plate that won’t be sorted overnight.

D

Deleted member 1740

Totally agree,” from the little acorn “ and all that. Trouble is there needs to be patience. Think OGS has a lot on his plate that won’t be sorted overnight.

There's very little patience in football, especially in the media. Those people who are in privileged position to get access to the top players and coaches then write absolute rubbish get right on my wick.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There's very little patience in football, especially in the media. Those people who are in privileged position to get access to the top players and coaches then write absolute rubbish get right on my wick.

Think I am right in saying that Fergie was a game (or two max) away from the sack when he came to United and it didn't work out too bad in the end with patience and time. Wenger was similar (although definitely 2-3 seasons too long) and both built a couple of really strong sides. Klopp has had a little time now and you can really see how he's moulding a squad to fight on all fronts and with depth in all positions. OGS could turn it around, but he will need money and time. Whether he gets either or both remains to be seen. At the moment I'd say he's ahead of the game in terms of achievement but a long way away from where fans and the media expect United to be

Tashyboy

Visit site
Think I am right in saying that Fergie was a game (or two max) away from the sack when he came to United and it didn't work out too bad in the end with patience and time. Wenger was similar (although definitely 2-3 seasons too long) and both built a couple of really strong sides. Klopp has had a little time now and you can really see how he's moulding a squad to fight on all fronts and with depth in all positions. OGS could turn it around, but he will need money and time. Whether he gets either or both remains to be seen. At the moment I'd say he's ahead of the game in terms of achievement but a long way away from where fans and the media expect United to be
If memory serves me right, fergie was on a sticky wicket when City beat them at Maine rd 5-1. Oh how things changed.
Anyway, I think the Europa league could well be OGS saving grace, a win there and entry to the champs league. Alls then forgiven.

Tashyboy

Visit site
So Norwich who are bottom of the league have beaten City and Leicester in the same season. Who are second and third ? might be a weaker league but it is screwing up a few coupons.

D

Deleted member 1740

The wheels are falling off for Leicester, that was a poor game that

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
OGS could turn it around, but he will need money and time. Whether he gets either or both remains to be seen. At the moment I'd say he's ahead of the game in terms of achievement but a long way away from where fans and the media expect United to be

Wrong.
Most fans I know, including many on here, thought United would struggle to qualify for the Europa League and sections of the media also had United really struggling this season and thought OGS would be gone by Christmas.
United could be top four by close of play tomorrow!
I think they're doing as well/better than most people expected.

If memory serves me right, fergie was on a sticky wicket when City beat them at Maine rd 5-1. Oh how things changed.
Anyway, I think the Europa league could well be OGS saving grace, a win there and entry to the champs league. All's then forgiven.

What's to forgive?
He's done nothing wrong and has nowt to be forgiven for.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Wrong.
Most fans I know, including many on here, thought United would struggle to qualify for the Europa League and sections of the media also had United really struggling this season and thought OGS would be gone by Christmas.
United could be top four by close of play tomorrow!
I think they're doing as well/better than most people expected.

What's to forgive?
He's done nothing wrong and has nowt to be forgiven for.

There's nowt to forgive, from OGS point of view. but fans are fickle. lord forgive that one day “ fans” turn up at say Woodward’s house. Oh hang on. Think the fans have issues with the club more so than OGS. Some are still divided on OGS. A win in the europa league or a top four finish would go some way to winning some fans over.