• Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Leno
Maitlin Niles Holding Sokratis Saka
Ceballos Torreira Willock
Pepe Aubameyang Martinelli

get the deadwood on the bench, not ideal at the back still but you cant magic a rabbit out of the hat

Wolf

Visit site
Leno
Maitlin Niles Holding Sokratis Saka
Ceballos Torreira Willock
Pepe Aubameyang Martinelli

get the deadwood on the bench, not ideal at the back still but you cant magic a rabbit out of the hat
Is Mari injured ?
I'd like to see him playing and given a chance as the little I've seen if him he'd be our best defender. Probably the only change id make to your line up there and put him in for Sokratis

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is Mari injured ?
I'd like to see him playing and given a chance as the little I've seen if him he'd be our best defender. Probably the only change id make to your line up there and put him in for Sokratis

were the only club who could sign 2 defenders in the january transfer window and neither of them be fit at the end of February when our season is over!!!!

Wolf

Visit site
were the only club who could sign 2 defenders in the january transfer window and neither of them be fit at the end of February when our season is over!!!!
Bloody ridiculous isn't it, you can only hope then he wants them long term because loan signing that still aren't fit a month after signing is a joke. Doesn't help that Luiz has an aversion to stick his head on the ball as that's all he needed to do.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm going to west ham away to arsenal next week.. in the arsenal end

2 good teams going forward who can't defend

Going to be a cracker

My cousin's first game (arsenal fan) but sorry I still want to win sod her ?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO: I turned off after Auba scored thinking that was it, Arsenal were through and then that happens. Fantastic. Has the pile on on Arteta happened yet? I mean, he should be getting Solskjaer treatment by now surely?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
:ROFLMAO: I turned off after Auba scored thinking that was it, Arsenal were through and then that happens. Fantastic. Has the pile on on Arteta happened yet? I mean, he should be getting Solskjaer treatment by now surely?

Am not to sure, maybe after he has spent a few quid, don’t think either Utd or Arsenal is a quick or cheap fix.

D

Deleted member 15344

He already is 'that good a player' and only a fool, or someone heavily blinkered, won't allow themselves to see that.

So someone is a fool because they have a different opinion about a player ?!? Seriously !

Were you called a fool when you made you statement of “can’t think of a better backline that Utd’s “ ?

I guess if he is “that good” I would expect him to be within the other top players in the Balon D’Or nominees? Nope couldn’t see him on that list

At the end of the day he had a very good time stat wise in the Portuguese League - he isn’t the first to do that and there is a list of player who have done well in smaller leagues who have not produced that at the higher level on a consistent basis - so I think I’m very much well within my rights to hold back on any declarations of changing my opinion based on seeing him for one game when he looked on the edges and it passed him by

If he turns out over the next 6/12 months to be the player that you believe he is right now then I’ll put my hand up - but don’t throw derogatory comments about just because someone rates a player differently to what you do - that’s supposed to be the beauty about football - people rate players differently as can be seen with your opinion about Utd’s backline. I suspect at some point you will hold your hands up to that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So someone is a fool because they have a different opinion about a player ?!? Seriously !

Were you called a fool when you made you statement of “can’t think of a better backline that Utd’s “ ?

I guess if he is “that good” I would expect him to be within the other top players in the Balon D’Or nominees? Nope couldn’t see him on that list

At the end of the day he had a very good time stat wise in the Portuguese League - he isn’t the first to do that and there is a list of player who have done well in smaller leagues who have not produced that at the higher level on a consistent basis - so I think I’m very much well within my rights to hold back on any declarations of changing my opinion based on seeing him for one game when he looked on the edges and it passed him by

If he turns out over the next 6/12 months to be the player that you believe he is right now then I’ll put my hand up - but don’t throw derogatory comments about just because someone rates a player differently to what you do - that’s supposed to be the beauty about football - people rate players differently as can be seen with your opinion about Utd’s backline. I suspect at some point you will hold your hands up to that.

Read my post correctly before you make a reply, please.

No, obviously not. Only Ligue 1 leaders Paris-Saint Germain (20) have kept more clean sheets in all competitions this season than United (17) and Liverpool (17) in Europe's top five leagues.

Silly comment, I think you know that.

Possibly not really qualified to comment after just one game, although I have no idea what game you're talking about!

You choose which one you think fits you best, I know which I'd choose.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site

Arteta has had an easy ride given the poor performances no doubt. However Arsenal are a bigger mess than United squad wise.....just look at the defence, midfield and attack. Only Auba is top class. It's also Arteta's first ever management job. On a related note I really can't stand this Arsenal team. They score a few tap ins against Newcastle and celebrate like they've won the title. Ditto with a scrappy and fortunate win over Everton - terrible attitude and mentality running through the club. I hope Arteta kicks half of those nomarks out and builds a proper team.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Got everything we deserved (despite the away goals in ET being an utter *** rule)

Time to drop some of the deadwood and play the kids until the end of the season, massive clearout coming in the summer one hopes (been thinking that for many years)
Is the argument for away goals counting in extra time that the home team has the advantage of playing at home second so this is some way balances it out? Genuine question.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is the argument for away goals counting in extra time that the home team has the advantage of playing at home second so this is some way balances it out? Genuine question.
It was originally brought in because previously teams would go away and park the bus. This meant a whole host of very dull games. The thinking was that giving away goals extra emphasis would encourage away teams to attack more, to create more interesting matches. That is my memory of why the change happened.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It was originally brought in because previously teams would go away and park the bus. This meant a whole host of very dull games. The thinking was that giving away goals extra emphasis would encourage away teams to attack more, to create more interesting matches. That is my memory of why the change happened.
It’s one of those things that I see their aim but there’s no way to make it totally fair because for whatever reason being home second clearly helps in the overall tactical plan.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s one of those things that I see their aim but there’s no way to make it totally fair because for whatever reason being home second clearly helps in the overall tactical plan.
I think you can look at it both ways. For the Atletico game for example, if they pinch a goal early on then Liverpool need to score 3 to win, the whole game changes. The pressure is more on them as they can't afford to let Atletico score. Atletico can just sit back, soak up the pressure and try to pinch one on the break. Every time they cross the half way line Liverpool fans will break into a sweat.

Personally I think it distorts games, see example above, so I would bin it off.

D

Deleted member 15344

Read my post correctly before you make a reply, please.

No, obviously not. Only Ligue 1 leaders Paris-Saint Germain (20) have kept more clean sheets in all competitions this season than United (17) and Liverpool (17) in Europe's top five leagues.

Silly comment, I think you know that.

Possibly not really qualified to comment after just one game, although I have no idea what game you're talking about!

You choose which one you think fits you best, I know which I'd choose.
You know what they say about Stats

4 teams I believe have conceded less goals than UTD this season maybe 5 - when you bring in comps like Europa Lge as a marker it’s a lesser competition where you would expect UTD to stroll through that and not be troubled.

But if you still can’t think of better back 5’s than Utd’s then that’s your opinion

And why is it a silly comment in regards Balon D’Or ? If he is already that good his peers would have recongnised that surely ?

Fernandes may well turn out to be a good signing but if someone doesn’t see that yet it doesn’t mean they are a “fool” for refusing to see it.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You know what they say about Stats

4 teams I believe have conceded less goals than UTD this season maybe 5 - when you bring in comps like Europa Lge as a marker it’s a lesser competition where you would expect UTD to stroll through that and not be troubled.

But if you still can’t think of better back 5’s than Utd’s then that’s your opinion

And why is it a silly comment in regards Balon D’Or ? If he is already that good his peers would have recongnised that surely ?

Fernandes may well turn out to be a good signing but if someone doesn’t see that yet it doesn’t mean they are a “fool” for refusing to see it.
I specifically asked you about “so far” because you said he wasn’t very good in his first game when I thought he instantly fitted in and looked pretty accomplished and certainly had a better debut than most players ever do. I know highlights don’t prove everything but check out our last few games on YouTube - it’ll take you about fifteen minutes and you’ll see how his touches and awareness has instantly improved us.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
And McTominay being back and Fred’s currently form shouldn’t be understated. We’ve gone from having a poor midfield three to a very accomplished looking three and with Pogba nowhere in sight.