Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Mate, we’ve had this discussion before, every club reports attendance based on tickets sold rather than those that turn up.

Tony was pointing out the irony of a City fan calling out Utd when your ground is known as the Emptyhad.

Quoting 98% is smoke and mirrors as you well know. ;)

The irony was not lost on me when I posted it. The very fact a City fan mentioned it made myself chuckle. You gotta understand that for decades Citeh fans have been at the brunt of most of Utds little jokes and digs. Quite nice to give just a little back now and then. Not saying it’s sweeter, but certainly saying there now walking in a pair of City’s crap shoes from the 70’s, 80’s,90’s, 00’s. Am sure one day those crap shoes will be back on my feet but it’s good to have a bit of banter. As long as that’s all it is. Banter.

D

Deleted member 15344

There’s no right or wrong answer Paul. I sit in the family stand, and I think we are the only family in there. City state ( or an independent source where I got 98% from) that for last season the champions sold 98 % of all seats. Now I know that my 3 seats were used every game. If not by me by family or very good friends. Ut seats around me have been empty and. Or always the same seats. They are held by season ticket holders, but don’t get to games but are “ sold”.
Now here’s the complicated bits. If I do not go to a game I can release tickets to the club and if they sell them I get £20 odd quid back or £7 for young Bradley Tash. They flog them for owt from £50 upwards and I get a percentage back. The away fans get 4,500 ish tickets. Utd, Liverpool, and a few other top clubs sell there quota.Bournemouth come in a mini bus.So City sell there tickets to the City fans. Now City can sell them tickets for £50 upwards and not give owt back to me/ the fans. So which tickets will they sell first. Hence why there is always empty seats especially against lower clubs.
Now what is another factor is kick off times. Over the Xmas and new year period, Citye played four games at home and the kick off times were 5.30, 5.30, 6.00 and 5.31. All for TV. Quite frankly it was purgatory.
City to there credit actually sent an email out to all season ticket holders stating that they knew which fans were picking and choosing which top games they wanted to go to and not bothering with the rest. But not releasing seats to other fans. They were warned if they did not inform the club that they were not attending X number of games they could not renew at the end of this season.
As I have said before I had had a belly full of VAR, kick off times changing for tv, so this is my last season of holding a ST. I will just stick to cup games. So we there will be 3 empty seats more next year.

So it’s pretty much just excuses for the fact that despite all the top players and managers and looking to be a top club - you can’t fill your stadium week in week out. City are succesful because of those Telly games changing , that global attraction to the premier league is what attracted the owners to buy the club and pile all the money into - those kick off times changing are key to the money coming in - you can complain about it but I bet you don’t mind the financial rewards from it that help pay for the likes of Aguero and KDB

D

Deleted member 1740

So it’s pretty much just excuses for the fact that despite all the top players and managers and looking to be a top club - you can’t fill your stadium week in week out. City are succesful because of those Telly games changing , that global attraction to the premier league is what attracted the owners to buy the club and pile all the money into - those kick off times changing are key to the money coming in - you can complain about it but I bet you don’t mind the financial rewards from it that help pay for the likes of Aguero and KDB

I thought it was “oil money” that’s funded all those players ?

D

Deleted member 15344

I thought it was “oil money” that’s funded all those players ?

Oil money is at the end of the train ? the Prem money and the global appeal helps attract the oil money.

Either way whilst it’s got to be frustrating the amount of differing telly times ( and they are going to hit a limit ) - it’s hard to bite the hand that feeds it all.

D

Deleted member 1740

Oil money is at the end of the train ? the Prem money and the global appeal helps attract the oil money.

Either way whilst it’s got to be frustrating the amount of differing telly times ( and they are going to hit a limit ) - it’s hard to bite the hand that feeds it all.

Frustrating is the word...

One of the many irritations of modern football, my biggest gripe is the utter contempt shown to ALL match going football fans with regards to KO times.

8pm Boxing Day and 8pm New Years Eve when public transport is already reduced, midweek 8:15pm ko’s, 8pm kick offs away at Southampton for northern teams etc it needs to change.

D

Deleted member 15344

One of the many irritations of modern football, my biggest gripe is the utter contempt shown to ALL match going football fans with regards to KO times.

8pm Boxing Day and 8pm New Years Eve when public transport is already reduced, midweek 8:15pm ko’s, 8pm kick offs away at Southampton for northern teams etc it needs to change.

Oh I get it but I believe the impact of the kick off to fans going is very much down their list of priorities- the majority of the viewing market is abroad and that brings in billions

All it takes at times is just a bit of common sense thinking

Tashyboy

Visit site

Sorry but that’s what oil money gets you, oh er hang on that’s me. ?. Me Point is we take young. Bradley Tash to games, he has a season ticket, young Layla Tash is 4, she loves Tony’s stadium chippy, Mary Dees, face painting and Moonbeam, she has green ears not blue. Anyway how can I take her to games at 6 and 8 with a two hour drive home.
So next season I will trade off watching the game at home and having a lesser opinion as a Sky TV fan than being a proper match going fan. ??

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Typical big club mentality. ;)

Little ol Southampton have had 8pm kicks offs a Liverpool and Newcastle in the past :poop:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Take today, 5.30 kick off, no direct trains, so most wont get back until midnight, add another hour if on a club coach.

no thought for travelling fans whatsoever.

I think every club has the same fans with the same problems, some probably more than others. I don’t think it is a case of ours is worse than yours. I think it is a case that every fan has a breaking point. I have reached Mine.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think every club has the same fans with the same problems, some probably more than others. I don’t think it is a case of ours is worse than yours. I think it is a case that every fan has a breaking point. I have reached Mine.

Spot on Tashy.

D

Deleted member 1740

Typical big club mentality. ;)

Little ol Southampton have had 8pm kicks offs a Liverpool and Newcastle in the past :poop:

Southampton was just an example. Didnt Southampton have to travel to Newcastle midweek a few seasons ago, or was it the other way round??

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think fans staging protests like that are spot on. When it's done to make a point.

I don't agree with those that have a season ticket as a status thing though. Either support the club through think and thin, or give up your seat and let a fan who wants to be there buy it. Obviously people will miss games on odd ocassions, but some clubs have "fans" that only turn up for the big games. That's not on imo.

I agree in the main, but if the owners are abhorrent to the fan base (for whatever reason) and a long term boycott is in place, would always back that. I think Newcastle have done it to a point this season, but unfortunately at the well-supported clubs, there are always others who will fill the gap.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Southampton was just an example. Didnt Southampton have to travel to Newcastle midweek a few seasons ago, or was it the other way round??
I know fella. Was only pulling ya chain.

We've had a few. We had you guys midweek few years back too. My mate was in local paper as his kid was off school sick for two days and he'd been spotted on TV in the crowd.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I agree in the main, but if the owners are abhorrent to the fan base (for whatever reason) and a long term boycott is in place, would always back that. I think Newcastle have done it to a point this season, but unfortunately at the well-supported clubs, there are always others who will fill the gap.

I may not have been clear. I fully support strikes, for however long it lasts.

Just not status season ticket holders.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

We had Sunderland midweek a couple of seasons ago, no trains after the match finished so we’re forced onto the roads getting back in the early hours with work the next day!

I got a train on a Saturday once to Middlesbrough with a late kick off, never again, absolute nightmare, took 6 hours to get there but again would have to leave the match 15mins early to get a connection back, so I went into the car park and poached a lift down the M1 and got picked up at Leicester Forest 30 miles away to get home.