Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My head wants Utd to crush Tranmere, but my heart wants United to crush Tranmere in a replay.
It'd mean so much, financially, for Tranmere to get a game at Old Trafford and it'd be the highlight of some of the players' careers..
Or If Tranmere don’t beat them they will never live it down. ??

Tashyboy

Visit site
Looks like Utd fans are planning a walkout during the Wolves game. That usually happens don’t it. Will anyone notice any differance.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That’s not an answer. ;)

Yes it is, many season ticket holders don’t go to every game, so stadiums can look empty, but those empty seats have been paid for, so what you visibly see is not what your suggesting, in that, City, or any club can’t sell all their tickets because you can see empty seats, when the reality is, they possibly have, or at least a lot more than you can judge from your armchair ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Yes it is, many season ticket holders don’t go to every game, so stadiums can look empty, but those empty seats have been paid for, so what you visibly see is not what your suggesting, in that, City, or any club can’t sell all their tickets because you can see empty seats, when the reality is, they possibly have, or at least a lot more than you can judge from your armchair ?

Remember last season when the stadium announcer at Arsenal annouced the official attendance as 62,152 and it was 3/4 empty ALL game ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Remember last season when the stadium announcer at Arsenal annouced the official attendance as 62,152 and it was 3/4 empty ALL game ?

Yeah, I think Arsenal are the exception to the rule, as they are with most things, that’s north Londonistan for you ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think announcing the attendance is a premiership requirement, not a club one, and it is based on ticket sales.

As for the Arsenal game mentioned above, that was at a really bad time for the fans, and they stayed away in protest / total indifference. If they had returned the tickets for resale, the point would have been lost.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think announcing the attendance is a premiership requirement, not a club one, and it is based on ticket sales.

As for the Arsenal game mentioned above, that was at a really bad time for the fans, and they stayed away in protest / total indifference. If they had returned the tickets for resale, the point would have been lost.

I think fans staging protests like that are spot on. When it's done to make a point.

I don't agree with those that have a season ticket as a status thing though. Either support the club through think and thin, or give up your seat and let a fan who wants to be there buy it. Obviously people will miss games on odd ocassions, but some clubs have "fans" that only turn up for the big games. That's not on imo.

D

Deleted member 16999

No it’s not, he wasn’t asked about the official attendance, he was asked about empty seats.
I’m fully aware what figures are published and the difference in who actually turns up.:unsure:

Tashyboy

Visit site
No it’s not, he wasn’t asked about the official attendance, he was asked about empty seats.
I’m fully aware what figures are published and the difference in who actually turns up.:unsure:

There’s no right or wrong answer Paul. I sit in the family stand, and I think we are the only family in there. City state ( or an independent source where I got 98% from) that for last season the champions sold 98 % of all seats. Now I know that my 3 seats were used every game. If not by me by family or very good friends. But seats around me have been empty and Not always the same seats. They are held by season ticket holders, but don’t get to games but are “ sold”.
Now here’s the complicated bits. If I do not go to a game I can release tickets to the club and if they sell them I get £20 odd quid back or £7 for young Bradley Tash. They flog them for owt from £50 upwards and I get a percentage back. The away fans get 4,500 ish tickets. Utd, Liverpool, and a few other top clubs sell there quota.Bournemouth come in a mini bus.So City sell there tickets to the City fans. Now City can sell them tickets for £50 upwards and not give owt back to me/ the fans. So which tickets will they sell first. Hence why there is always empty seats especially against lower clubs.
Now what is another factor is kick off times. Over the Xmas and new year period, Citye played four games at home and the kick off times were 5.30, 5.30, 6.00 and 5.31. All for TV. Quite frankly it was purgatory.
City to there credit actually sent an email out to all season ticket holders stating that they knew which fans were picking and choosing which top games they wanted to go to and not bothering with the rest. But not releasing seats to other fans. They were warned if they did not inform the club that they were not attending X number of games they could not renew at the end of this season.
As I have said before I had had a belly full of VAR, kick off times changing for tv, so this is my last season of holding a ST. I will just stick to cup games. So we there will be 3 empty seats more next year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

There’s no right or wrong answer Paul. I sit in the family stand, and I think we are the only family in there. City state ( or an independent source where I got 98% from) that for last season the champions sold 98 % of all seats. Now I know that my 3 seats were used every game. If not by me by family or very good friends. Ut seats around me have been empty and. Or always the same seats. They are held by season ticket holders, but don’t get to games but are “ sold”.
Now here’s the complicated bits. If I do not go to a game I can release tickets to the club and if they sell them I get £20 odd quid back or £7 for young Bradley Tash. They flog them for owt from £50 upwards and I get a percentage back. The away fans get 4,500 ish tickets. Utd, Liverpool, and a few other top clubs sell there quota.Bournemouth come in a mini bus.So City sell there tickets to the City fans. Now City can sell them tickets for £50 upwards and not give owt back to me/ the fans. So which tickets will they sell first. Hence why there is always empty seats especially against lower clubs.
Now what is another factor is kick off times. Over the Xmas and new year period, Citye played four games at home and the kick off times were 5.30, 5.30, 6.00 and 5.31. All for TV. Quite frankly it was purgatory.
City to there credit actually sent an email out to all season ticket holders stating that they knew which fans were picking and choosing which top games they wanted to go to and not bothering with the rest. But not releasing seats to other fans. They were warned if they did not inform the club that they were not attending X number of games they could not renew at the end of this season.
As I have said before I had had a belly full of VAR, kick off times changing for tv, so this is my last season of holding a ST. I will just stick to cup games. So we there will be 3 empty seats more next year.
Mate, we’ve had this discussion before, every club reports attendance based on tickets sold rather than those that turn up.

Tony was pointing out the irony of a City fan calling out Utd when your ground is known as the Emptyhad.

Quoting 98% is smoke and mirrors as you well know. ;)