Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, some different fella on sky said so.

See post 8733, go on give me a well constructed argument back.........
That was last season and Spurs,Utd,Arsenal,City and Chelsea have all gone backwards since.
This year the premier league is weak imo and I’m sticking with it.
Bored to death to be honest with arguing the toss with you.
Just enjoy this season I’m sure next season will be tougher.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Champions always find a way to grind it out. Never minded Liverpool, six european cups between us, so a lot of similarities. Enjoy it.

You have given us probably 2 out of our hardest 3 games this season. Not much in either game, I think if you werent in the Europa, you may even be in 4th place at the moment, or a lot closer to Chelsea than currently.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, some different fella on sky said so.

See post 8733, go on give me a well constructed argument back.........
That was last season and Spurs,Utd,Arsenal,City and Chelsea have all gone backwards since.

D

Deleted member 16999

Spot on, except the first line, some are suggesting its weak, or not as competitive, when IMO its more competitive than ever, just that the title race isnt.
The only way I think you could argue it’s more competitive is due to some teams dropping down a level or 2, not other teams upping their game.

You always get 1 or 2 outsiders having a good season challenging the Europa spots, but to get 5 of the big 6 being so inconsistent/struggling is not the norm.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I'm sure your arguments will get better, as well.(y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, if we were to sign a CF to give Bobby back up, I would fancy Werner or Raul Jimenez (as he is premiership proven).
I think we do need a goalscorer that takes some of the many chances we make.
But are they going to watch from the bench as Firmino is the link from midfield.?
The front three miss chances galore.
A lot of recent games should have been over by half time.
But we have a steely mentality now . Wolves played very well second half and were unlucky.
But any team with pace always has a chance.
Thought we deserved the win ,just .

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think we do need a goalscorer that takes some of the many chances we make.
But are they going to watch from the bench as Firmino is the link from midfield.?
The front three miss chances galore.
A lot of recent games should have been over by half time.
But we have a steely mentality now . Wolves played very well second half and were unlucky.
But any team with pace always has a chance.
Thought we deserved the win ,just .

I think a draw was fair.

Mo is being too greedy at times, should have played Minamino and the Ox in at least.

We could do with cover for Bobby, as a squad game, and if a player has faith in his own ability he may still get attracted to come.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I used to think the situation i\at Liverpool was similar to Spurs in regards having one unquestionable first choice striker. Firmino obviously works perfect for Liverpool, but I think there are times during his barren spells where a sub could make a case for the position if they came in and did well, unlike at spurs where Kane will always be first choice as he doesn’t really have the runs without goals that allow some fans to get a little restless.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think a draw was fair.

Mo is being too greedy at times, should have played Minamino and the Ox in at least.

We could do with cover for Bobby, as a squad game, and if a player has faith in his own ability he may still get attracted to come.
Wolves were unlucky to lose .
But I try and think if we scored all our clear chances and they scored all theirs , we would have won anyway.
We have won games by one goal a lot , but have created so many clear chances most should have been over by half time.
There were lots of times tonight we had nobody in the box , Firmino is not a CF for me, he spend most time as a #10.
He’s brilliant at it ,but sometimes we need a sniffer in the box.
But a win is a win .

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
This is a really bad season in terms of quality of the top sides, it has to be said.

Chelsea are rebuilding with a young team and novice manager. Spurs are suffering for not signing players in the previous years, failing to sort contracts out and changing managers. Arsenal are a trainwreck and have a total novice in charge. Man Utd have a proven failure of a manager in charge and a CEO who can't sign players even with the biggest budget in the world. All four will have their lowest points tally in years at the end of the season. Leicester are a well run club with a good side and manager but they'd be blown away by any top side, just like they were by City and Liverpool lately.

You can't take anything away from Liverpool because City are an amazing side and Liverpool's points total is actually laughably good. I just think the way City have crumbled in certain games despite playing really well has made this season almost too easy for Liverpool. The title is 99% sorted and it's January. After waiting so long I don't even think the most ardent Liverpool fan expected it to be this easy! Totally deserved and a class apart from the average Chelsea side of 09/10, United 10/11, City 11/12 and United 12/13.

As for Man Utd......it was good to see Ed Woodward being targeted last night. He's the man responsible for this mess 100%. The Glazers have pulled off a business masterplan and no one can touch them. While they're using the club to service/pay off the leveraged debt they've still invested massive amounts in wages and transfer fees. The man charged with spending it has frittered almost all of it. The second biggest wage bill in the world, a transfer spend of £750m odd since 2013 and the results are abysmal. Since then they've only finished in the Top 4 twice. The bottom line is Ole isn't a very good manager and Woodward isn't fit for the job. If both remain in place failure is guarenteed. In the summer he lost Lukaku, Herrara, and Sanchez and failed to replace any of them. In this window he's embarrassed himself over the Fernandes move. Man Utd talk about building for the future but if that's the case why haven't they signed Sancho who is unsettled or snapped up Haaland who was available from a small club for £20m? For £120m you'd then have a world class front three of Rashford, Haaland and Sancho with an average age of 21 and their best years ahead of them.
This is the real world, not Football Manager on the PC.

D

Deleted member 1740

Wolves were unlucky to lose .
But I try and think if we scored all our clear chances and they scored all theirs , we would have won anyway.
We have won games by one goal a lot , but have created so many clear chances most should have been over by half time.
There were lots of times tonight we had nobody in the box , Firmino is not a CF for me, he spend most time as a #10.
He’s brilliant at it ,but sometimes we need a sniffer in the box.
But a win is a win .

We'd have to change our style if we had a box striker. While Bobby doesnt score loads he's scored 5 winners this season, make us 10 points better off than were we couldve been if not for him.

Get Mo scoring again would be good.

D

Deleted member 16999

Meaningless bit of fun! Not to be taken seriously, just found it interesting.

2 Tables below are how the PL would look if results were based on 1st half and 2nd half scores:

Wolves & Everton need to talk. ;)
4C809697-874D-4D4D-AD25-C06623C54644.jpeg71950EFF-9D1F-4B6A-97F8-0241E22FCA53.jpeg

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
.................. and now it appears United won't pay meet Sporting's valuation of Fernandes!
It's only been rumbling on for about seven months and they've finally made this decision.
United really are a crock of Glazer.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

How do you know that?. last season they were unlucky to lose to a City team that went on a similar run that Liverpool are now on or should I say have bettered. Yet they have found this season easier BY virtue of points, not harder.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Of course they have found it easier the league is weaker :)
Of course I don’t know but I can safely say the so called top teams will be better next year.
And we stood here all day picking holes in people’s predictions it would be a pretty sad life to lead.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
.................. and now it appears United won't pay meet Sporting's valuation of Fernandes!
It's only been rumbling on for about seven months and they've finally made this decision.
United really are a crock of Glazer.
He’s not worth that fee. There’s a reason he wasn’t purchased for less last summer.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fernandes is the best player in Portugal by a country mile. Get him in. Are we going to be a "big" club or not ? Our squad is simply awful right now and needs world class players. Whoever we get we'll have to pay a fortune for anyway.

I'd also get Cavani , he's 32 but experience is a good thing and he would do a job upfront. He's just handed in a transfer request at PSG too. Apparently we're in the hunt for him along with Chelsea