Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Well not a great game or performance
.Poor first half although we grabbed a late goal which wasn't deserved 2bd half much better and controlled the game but never really created any clear chance. Laca and Pepe had shockers. Sheffield well organised. Probably deserved a point. We really need a top quality striker..Laca is not the man.

Arteta has got off to a really poor start. Easy run of games and only the 1 win in 5 league games. Plus a fortunate win after being outplayed by Leeds at home in the cup.

Get used to more shockers from Pepe - the guy is lazy, overrated and another comfort zone player.

4LEX

Visit site
Story of our season, another sucker punch, so much possession (70%) but not scoring or converting so many chances. As soon as they said it was there first corner, I just knew it was coming, we haven’t defended corners or any set pieces well all season, and they’ve led to so many goals.

As soon as we were getting smothered in the box, I think Batys & Abraham should have played together as a front 2 and probed more.

Thankfully all other results mean nobody really closed up on us so we’re still 5 points clear, but we’re desperate for a clinical finisher, too much to ask Abraham to do it all on his own.

I liked the energy from your midfield - very impressive and always quick to get the ball forward. Unfortunately your wingers just overplay way too much and can't cross. And after a decent start Abraham is being found out and is a squad player at this level for the time being. Cavani on loan and 4th is a cert :unsure:(y)

D

Deleted member 15344

I liked the energy from your midfield - very impressive and always quick to get the ball forward. Unfortunately your wingers just overplay way too much and can't cross. And after a decent start Abraham is being found out and is a squad player at this level for the time being. Cavani on loan and 4th is a cert :unsure:(y)
Chelsea are going to finish 4th - there I no other team that are going to play consistently enough to close the gap and overtake them. Spurs , UTD , Wolves will all keep dropping points until the end of the season - in both live games today you could see the big holes in both Chelsea and Spurs.

4LEX

Visit site
Chelsea are going to finish 4th - there I no other team that are going to play consistently enough to close the gap and overtake them. Spurs , UTD , Wolves will all keep dropping points until the end of the season - in both live games today you could see the big holes in both Chelsea and Spurs.

I dunno. If United get Fernandes over the line then I think it'll be close. They've got vastly better forwards and defenders compared to Chelsea. Even with Ole in charge the quality of the squad will tell over 38 games. The United side is underachieving and Chelsea are overachieving at the moment.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Very lack lustre display yesterday.

Serious question, Palace win the award for time wasting display of the season. But it has happened a hell of a lot this season at the Etihad. Am sure it’s a tactic like City’s professional fouls. But does it go on as much during other games ie Palace v Norwich, I could reel off half a dozen other teams that have done it. But is time wasting rife in the whole of the Prem league. What was funny, the palace keeper took and eternity to take goal kicks. When City went 2-1 up Ederson took an eternity to take a goal kick. The crowd loved it, well til Palace scored that was. ??
Thoughts from match goers please ?

dronfield

Visit site
Well not a great game or performance
.Poor first half although we grabbed a late goal which wasn't deserved 2bd half much better and controlled the game but never really created any clear chance. Laca and Pepe had shockers. Sheffield well organised. Probably deserved a point. We really need a top quality striker..Laca is not the man.

Wilder on Radio Sheff said we only played for first and last 10 mins of game, and so a point was prob fortunate today.
Only 7 points from safety - not bad considering we were relegation favourites.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Serious question, Palace win the award for time wasting display of the season. But it has happened a hell of a lot this season at the Etihad. Am sure it’s a tactic like City’s professional fouls. But does it go on as much during other games ie Palace v Norwich, I could reel off half a dozen other teams that have done it. But is time wasting rife in the whole of the Prem league. What was funny, the palace keeper took and eternity to take goal kicks. When City went 2-1 up Ederson took an eternity to take a goal kick. The crowd loved it, well til Palace scored that was. ??
Every team is guilty of it when it suits them.
But there are the teams that take it to the extreme.
You are one of the best teams so if a “lesser “ team wastes time it’s a compliment but for the fans it’s not great to watch.
Maybe a timekeeper is needed?
Var could be used for proving time wasting ,how ironic would that be?;)

D

Deleted member 1740

It's annoying when teams do it from the 1st whistle and the ref allows it to continue then books the keeper in the 89th min when hes done it all game.

I understand and expect it towards the end of a game though.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

No has been a problem for the last 10 years. We've all done it but it doesnt make it right, either.

I just hate the formulaic way that refs deal with it - dont book the keeper until at least the 75th minute, and never, ever send him off for it. I think the ref should have the power to add on extra minutes over and above the "injury time" for serial offenders. Book a keeper after he has done it 3 times, not 12 times, and send him off as well, if required.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
That United line up is another example of how Solskjaer is so far out of his depth.

I stand by that even if we do somehow scab something from the game.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
That United line up is another example of how Solskjaer is so far out of his depth.

I stand by that even if we do somehow scab something from the game.

Looking at the bench he’s short of options.

We are short all over the pitch,lots of building to be done.

Oli has proved before he has some tactical nouse.

Liverpool are streets ahead of us and 99% of other teams.

Roy Keane is worried.

Rashford is a massive loss I think I would do well in Liverpools defence today and I can only walk