Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
So 2 days after a bloke in charge of implementing VAR at fifa, could have been UEFA, stated that var should not be used for forensic decisions it gets used for a forensic decision ?.
What do you do though. Offside is binary either on or off, unless there is a change to the law.
Even then I can't really see how it would change.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
What do you do though. Offside is binary either on or off, unless there is a change to the law.
Even then I can't really see how it would change.

remove the ‘lines’ analysis and replace it with the ref going to a screen pitch side to watch it in slow motion so he can watch it unfold and give a decision based on all the elements leading up to the goal or foul or incident that he then has to substantiate over the mike. This line analysis is just wrong, even though it’s getting the decisions right per se, it’s just too clinical imo.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
remove the ‘lines’ analysis and replace it with the ref going to a screen pitch side to watch it in slow motion so he can watch it unfold and give a decision based on all the elements leading up to the goal or foul or incident that he then has to substantiate over the mike. This line analysis is just wrong, even though it’s getting the decisions right per se, it’s just too clinical imo.
I'd agree we don't need to see the analysis and I know in other leagues they don't show it. Has to be much quicker too.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'd agree we don't need to see the analysis and I know in other leagues they don't show it. Has to be much quicker too.
As stated the other day, other Leagues are 1 season ahead of us and the Bundesliga in particular have brought in lines this season after controversy last season when they didn’t use them, apparently other leagues La Liga, Serie A are already using the line technology.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
As stated the other day, other Leagues are 1 season ahead of us and the Bundesliga in particular have brought in lines this season after controversy last season when they didn’t use them, apparently other leagues La Liga, Serie A are already using the line technology.
I'm not fussed either way.
Anyone would think Marginal decisions havnt always existed.
Just seems like people are unhappy now they re shown them being worked out.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm not fussed either way.
Anyone would think Marginal decisions havnt always existed.
Just seems like people are unhappy now they re shown them being worked out.
Would be easier if they did it like Rugby Union, guy in a booth in having a close look, not clear and obvious, go with on field decision, all this trigonometry rubbish needs binning.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Would be easier if they did it like Rugby Union, guy in a booth in having a close look, not clear and obvious, go with on field decision, all this trigonometry rubbish needs binning.

Why should we have to start using the clear and obvious check ? That will just open up even more problems I think.
A lot more should have been done to educate everyone on what to expect this season with regards to offsides.
It's quite clear from this thread a lot of people don't understand the offside rule or how the premier league are using VAR

Fish

Banned
Visit site
callum hudson-odoi must have the world's best agent. 180k a week?!!

He has a great future and is clearly talented, back from a lengthy bad injury, why not agree terms, we’ve let players go before and they’ve developed elsewhere to become much better and then we’ve missed out, so why not secure the young talent with a decent wage for the next 5yrs.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why should we have to start using the clear and obvious check ? That will just open up even more problems I think.
A lot more should have been done to educate everyone on what to expect this season with regards to offsides.
It's quite clear from this thread a lot of people don't understand the offside rule or how the premier league are using VAR
I perfectly understand the Offside Rule thanks, but when a footballer moves faster than the fps rate on a screen, then it’s flawed.
Until the time we have technology that can accurately freeze the action, Offside Decisions, either way, are being called wrong, so, imo, simply go with the mark 1 eyeball.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He has a great future and is clearly talented, back from a lengthy bad injury, why not agree terms, we’ve let players go before and they’ve developed elsewhere to become much better and then we’ve missed out, so why not secure the young talent with a decent wage for the next 5yrs.

Decent wage?!!

I obv don't watch him often. But I've not seen a game yet where I'd have thought 180k was just.

The problem now could be, how much do you need to pay Tammy? He's having a clearly better season and apparently not been offered the same dort of money.

Re you letting players go in the past. The only 3 I can think of, are more to due with Mourinhs treatment of them, as opposed to paying them crazy money.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I perfectly understand the Offside Rule thanks, but when a footballer moves faster than the fps rate on a screen, then it’s flawed.
Until the time we have technology that can accurately freeze the action, Offside Decisions, either way, are being called wrong, so, imo, simply go with the mark 1 eyeball.
I never said you didn't, just many don't.
But they have always been called wrong often by the tiniest of margins, if the outrage is at the clinicalness of VAR then all this frame rate stuff is nonsense.

D

Deleted member 16999

I never said you didn't, just many don't.
But they have always been called wrong often by the tiniest of margins, if the outrage is at the clinicalness of VAR then all this frame rate stuff is nonsense.
To me it’s more the fact they are calling offside by mm’s, yet they seem happy for a player to steal yards when taking a free kick or a throw-in, which at times leads to a goal.

Either the game needs that level of accuracy or it doesn’t and if it does, then apply it for all 90 minutes.

Picking and choosing when VAR can be used is not helping.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it is unreasonable to expect an attackeing player to look 30 yards along the line and realise the tip of his elbow is offside.. It needs to be about the player making the judgement he is on or off and currently he cannot. We have frame issues, margin of error on top the pace of the game.

The rules need a little tweak imo. Either (as mentioned by Souness) fi any part of the player is on side he is still on side or it's feet only. Either would reduce the incidents somewhat, I prefer the Souness one.