Pre season bag clean up!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just got everything out of my trolley bag for a tidy up.

32 pencils
24 sharpies
9 pitch forks
17 ball markers

Thats before the usual balls, gloves and tees.

What a mess... bet some of you are worse!

Why? Just why? I did smile when I read this earlier today. I have a trolley bag so the trolley takes the strain. My biggest problem is how many balls I have in the bag at any one time, followed by gloves. On Saturday when I took everything out as the bag got damp I had 26 balls of varying makes and 9 gloves

Boomy

Visit site
OMG I must be so bag OCD organised ? My tees, markers, pencils, pitch repairer etc all go in a little pouch. There are 5 x £1 coins lose in a pocket though ? #rebel

Last edited:

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I decided to get organised this year, have put all my bits into a pouch, put a first aid kit in my bag, only carry my winter yellow golf balls (I carry too many 20+) any balls I find go into my practice bag.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find more balls than I lose and no matter how good or bad they are I chuck em in the bag. I had a clear out last week and gave 2 dozen to a mate that can lose them faster than they come off the production line. I keep Pro Vs and give him the rest. I also cleared out about 30 pink castle tees that I do not use. Too short for driver and too long for a 3 wood. I have never met anybody that has owned up to buying these yet they must be the most used tee of any kind.
Well here's one - I have bought and use the pink tees. Contrary to what you've said, I find they are the perfect driver height for me and loads of others. They're also the ones I find the most, consequently the last time I had to buy any was probably 3 or 4 years ago.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I carry a little plastic tupperware box first aid kit as well. Plasters, pain killers, antihistamine, scissors, loperamide (which PP's have needed more than I have)
Oh for the organisation. I have a few blister packs off paracetemol and ibuprofen whose contents are of uncertain age and usefulness. I would have to be pretty bad before taking them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I play with a bloke who never has one. I've no idea how there were so many in the bag!
I recently sold one of my bags and that had at least 20 pencils in one of the pockets. We have a box on the first tee with tees, pencils and score cards, so know how I ended up with that many. I shudder to think how many are in my other bag

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Oh for the organisation. I have a few blister packs off paracetemol and ibuprofen whose contents are of uncertain age and usefulness. I would have to be pretty bad before taking them.

I go through the box every 6-8 weeks to either top it up or check dates. I put plasters on several fingers when I hit balls to protect them so always putting more in. I make sure if I cut strips of tablets off to fit that I put the bit with the use by date on so I can keep tabs.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use an old leather 90s golf bag. The lack of space in it compared to modern bags means I carry out alot less junk.

Could still do with a bit of a spring clean mind you.

Nothing worse than a melted soft mint at the bottom of the bag getting everything in its path sticky.

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
I sort mine out every few months and did it again last week. I stumbled across a pocket that I have never found before ! - Well I say never, I'd obviously found it once as it had a mouldy rules pocket book from 2011 in it that I have been lugging round for 10 years+ !!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I go through the box every 6-8 weeks to either top it up or check dates. I put plasters on several fingers when I hit balls to protect them so always putting more in. I make sure if I cut strips of tablets off to fit that I put the bit with the use by date on so I can keep tabs.
Good idea but it is just way to organised for me. I have to confess I don't usually use sell by dates anyway, painkillers go in and either get used or chucked out if they look to scabby and I remember.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good idea but it is just way to organised for me. I have to confess I don't usually use sell by dates anyway, painkillers go in and either get used or chucked out if they look to scabby and I remember.
Painkillers usually for my glass back but funny how often a PP complains of a headache or runny nose in hayfever season and so easy to given them something for it. Had several PP's out in new golf shoes and got blisters so plasters gave a tiny bit of comfort.

D

Deleted member 25575

Well here's one - I have bought and use the pink tees. Contrary to what you've said, I find they are the perfect driver height for me and loads of others. They're also the ones I find the most, consequently the last time I had to buy any was probably 3 or 4 years ago.
Make me number 2 for buying pink castle tees. Perfect for driver any higher and I sky it. The little lime green ones for 3w, irons etc