practise

short off the tee

Club Champion
Visit site
hi

reading books about practising i was wondering what other forum members suggest!

they say know how far you hit each club. go to the practise ground, hit balls and walk to measure the average distance. that sounds ok.. but unless you are a club member there are not many practice grounds like this only the range and you cannt walk and measure on these.. any ideas.

short off the tee

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Either in the course in quiet time

OR

Range ball distace up to about 150 yards are similar to real balls. Make sure you laser out yardages at ranges or go to a range where yardages are shown in each bay for that bay. I used both these to get half 3/4 and full shots up to my 7 iron sorted out. I wrote them all down and repeated it with ten balls for each shot over 5 different day. From all that stat gathering I nailed all my yardages for shots where I was looking to go close rather than just aiming for the green.

I have a rule, under 140 yards I go to get close, over 140 I look to just get up and be safe.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
you could use a laser rangefinder at the range, alternatively, large field or large beach then your skycaddie type or just walk each shot at the course. Par 3's at your course will give you some ranges of irons.

jplkorea83

Assistant Pro
www.konglishkitchen.com
For your shorter irons you could go to a park early in the morning. I measure my irons by standing at one end of a football pitch and hitting down to the other end. There's a second football pitch behind that too. I've got a good 200 yards to play with and can accurately measure my distances this way.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I always go to the range, and practise several particular things that i feel i need work on
never just go to hit balls
have a target in mind for that practise session