Practice net in garden

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking of buying a net for the garden....seen a few on the internet, ranging from a pop up to a free standing net.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Have a row of conifers in front of a 6' fence as a backstop in case any balls made it through the net, and a reasonable sized garden, just want to maximise practice time, acknowledging that feedback is minimal in a net. Thinking that 15 mins or so each day in the garden would help my swing in between practice or playing at the course!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thinking of buying a net for the garden....seen a few on the internet, ranging from a pop up to a free standing net.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Have a row of conifers in front of a 6' fence as a backstop in case any balls made it through the net, and a reasonable sized garden, just want to maximise practice time, acknowledging that feedback is minimal in a net. Thinking that 15 mins or so each day in the garden would help my swing in between practice or playing at the course!!

some swear by them but i would not bother, unless you have some sort of flghtscope.

ive had a cheap one and that was dangerous TBH, and had a proper golf net built, used it a half a dozen times... for me its not the same as seeing the ball flight.

G

guest100718

Yeah its a great idea, Especially with the prices of Launch monitors getting lower and lower.

I had an Izzo Big mouth net.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used the Colin Montgomerie branded one from Amazon, was good till one day the driver shot went through like it wasn't there.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I want to Networld Sports. They seem to have a good range of nets now. If you buy a cage net you buy a separate "baffle" (impact net) that protects the rear netting from wear. If you can stretch to it I would recommend getting archery netting for the baffle. it lasts a lot longer but it is expensive.

dougajmcdonald

Club Champion
www.dougmcdonald.co.uk
I'm interested in a net for the garden as my main issues are positions on the takeaway and backswing which could be practiced in a net.

Was thinking of making my own from the scaffolding tubes and have heard heavy duty fishing net suggested. Anyone got any experience with constructing one from scratch?

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm using similar to that one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-SIZ...411681?hash=item35b2f118e1:g:-7EAAOSwu4BVi-pf

Due to practicing every day driving range can become very expensive. I don't hit anything bigger then 5 iron in a garden. It helped me a lot due to recording my swings on a phone and swingtalk. I'm still going to the driving range 2-3 times a week just to see the flight and to hit my driver.
If you have big enough garden and want to use all you clubs I would recommend one of those : http://www.golfequip.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=115_121&product_id=602

Last edited:

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm interested in a net for the garden as my main issues are positions on the takeaway and backswing which could be practiced in a net.

Was thinking of making my own from the scaffolding tubes and have heard heavy duty fishing net suggested. Anyone got any experience with constructing one from scratch?

As an angler it depends what you actually mean by fishing net........those I have seen have netting which is way more robust than any fishing net I have seen.