PPI - Sorry

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know, I know. Everybody is sick of the texts, calls and adverts about reclaiming PPI.

I however, have a question.

In 2013 I successfully claimed back PPI from previous loans. Not a massive amount, but a good sum.

Not heard anything since as you would imagine.

Yesterday, I received a letter from my bank saying they have, after review, decided an additional payment is to be b made to me.

Over 2 years after the initial claim was settled :mad:

Again, it's not a huge amount but enough for a couple of Titleist 915 drivers ( :) ) so I'm far from complaining.

Has any body else's closed claims been revisited for review without you making enquiries?

Has there been any recent changes to the way paid claims are being revisited after settlement?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No. But vaguely remember one of the banks being told to review the payments they'd made as the FCA felt they'd been a little tight...

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
No. But vaguely remember one of the banks being told to review the payments they'd made as the FCA felt they'd been a little tight...

Thanks Hobbit.

I thought it strange as the case was settled over 2 years ago.

Perhaps what you state refers to my bank.

D

Deleted member 1740

Lloyds was the offending bank iirc.

HarryW

Visit site
I used to work in a department that dealt with PPI.

Your scenario isn't unusual. I feel as if PPI claims were a bit hit or miss (depending on how much they were determined not to pay out). The FCA or FSA (whatever name they're going by now) might've thought the banks have acted unfairly in some cases though.

Take the money and run is my advice. Just a word of warning, you might be liable for the tax on money received though. Check the paperwork and give the tax office a call if you're unsure.

In response to the above poster, ALL banks were offenders in relation to this. Lloyds shouldn't be singled out here.

All the best and enjoy your new drivers

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
My OH's Dad has just this week got a letter from his solicitor who dealt with his PPI claim. Barclays was the bank in question and it turns out they haven't been paying enough out. So he's been asked to write a letter and send it to the bank and he is due another payout. Not sure how big, but it seems there's another wave coming!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's interesting reading on the banks being tight with the pay-outs, as me and wor lass did our own claims, and got 4 out of 5 paid, the one that didn't get settled was one we had with Barclays/Woolwich for a mortgage we had with them, that one went to the ombudsman and took ages for them to come back to us, We may have to revisit that one, well all of them.