Powfoot or Eden?

YandaB

Visit site
Off up to St Andrews next Sunday and have been looking at places to break the journey. Silloth was my favourite but no tee times that suit our plans. Southerness is closed to visitors as is Brampton on Sunday and no tee times for Carlisle GC). I can find tee times at Powfoot or Eden (near Carlisle), any thoughts on which one we should choose?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Powfoot is preferable. Have you considered Penrith, close to Motorway or Ulverston 30 minute drive from Junction 36.

If you were you were prepared to travel as far Southerness consider Seascale or Lanark further North or Lancaster which is exited at Junction. 33 M6

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A lot of courses in Scotland are members only ATM, hopefully when people are back at work and after next Thursday's covid 19 announcement that will change.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I havent played powfoot, but mostly heard its decent.

I thought the Eden was boring when I played it years ago. Thornhill and Lochmaben were decent.

Lanark is a little beauty.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Powfoot every day of the week over Eden. Although personally I’d just eat it up, crack on to St Andrews and play there.

Mate rents the apartment at Thornhill GC and says they’ve lost the greens over the last couple of years (he also joined Powfoot). Lochmaben is ok. Tbh they are all a fair bit off, if you do want to look at somewhere round there as a round on the way up then Moffat would be a good choice.