PowaKaddy or Motocaddy

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I own a very old powakaddy and can’t fault it but it’s just a twist and go. Mate of mine has had 2 powakaddys in the last 3 years top of the range 2 and both have gone wrong. He has now given up on them and gone motocaddy.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have had a Powakaddy FW5 for just over two years. I think that the build quality is very poor and customer service non-existent. I recently contacted Powakaddy support when I lost bars on the display, but no response. I will be surprised if my lithium battery lasts five years. Next time I will get a Big Max trolley for similar cost, because of their excellent service and they stand by their products.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a PowaKaddy Sport which I've owned for over five years with no issues whatsoever. Prior to that I had just the basic model but the battery eventually gave up the ghost after about six years. When I visited my local PowaKaddy centre to buy a new battery, I was offered the ex demo Sport complete with lithium battery and warranty for the same price as a replacement lithium battery.

I use my trolley at least twice a week in all weathers all year round.

Visit site
If you’re not worried about having a big name then check out ‘offmetrolley’, they have their own site and also a presence on amazon.

Great quality with great aftercare for a very reasonable price.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a Powakaddy FW7 GPS and am delighted with it. The charger stopped working after a month though. I called their customer service team and they put me through to a tech guy who told me to bin my existing one (not send it back for checking) and he would express delivery a new one to me for the next day. I was very impressed by their service .

D

Deleted Member 1156

I had the PowaKaddy Classic for years, never had any issues with it until it died a death through old age. I've now got a GoKart and it is cheap, functional and the customer service is superb!

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
I've had a Powerkaddy FW5i for almost 12 months and it's been brilliant so far. The '18' hole lithium battery is very good; it will comfortably do 36 holes but it can do 45 holes if I run it totally flat. Yes 45 holes, that's unbelievable!! Goodness knows how long the 36 holes battery must last!! The battery is very thin and lightweight as well which I think makes the Powerkaddys look a little better and sleeker than the Moto's.

The trolley has got some great features as well like the automatic distance function and usb charger, but I think certain Motocaddy models have that function as well.

The trolley does squeak ever so slightly, but not enough for me to get all worked up about. Overall it's very quiet. I personally love the winter wheels that Powerkaddy do which aren't exactly cheap themselves but they are fantastic in the winter and also make the trolley look really cool! We all want to look cool on the golf course don't we!!

My home track is a long walk and getting an electric trolley was an absolute revelation! One of the best things I ever did. I'm confident this trolley will last me a good 5 years, probably more, and when it's done I'll definitely be buying another one!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of those 2, Motocaddy. Only based on my own experience of owning an S1 and buying my son an M1. I have not owned an electric version.

Similar to D4S I now have a Gokart and I would suggest having a look at them. I am very pleased with mine. They are about to update their current model so you can either get a slight discount or hang on for the newer one. They do not have the bells and whistles of the other two but personally I just want it to carry my clubs without effort and it does that.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got a 2017 model Powakaddy FW7 a few months ago and it's been great so far. Does what it should perfectly. The battery (36 hole lithium) is astonishing, could run my car off it :eek::D

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
Got a 2017 model Powakaddy FW7 a few months ago and it's been great so far. Does what it should perfectly. The battery (36 hole lithium) is astonishing, could run my car off it :eek::D

How many holes can you get out of it? I can get 45 out of my 18 hole one :D I would imagine you'd be looking at 4 rounds (72 holes)?

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How many holes can you get out of it? I can get 45 out of my 18 hole one :D I would imagine you'd be looking at 4 rounds (72 holes)?

18 flatish holes uses one bar (6,400 ish yard course - can be a lot in the rough too!) as did a more hilly one as well. I'm sure it would soon conk out but would chance 63 ;)

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have had both, and haven't had issues with either Motocaddy or Powakaddy. They are both good quality and durable makes of electric trolley.

My advice would be buy it from your own club pro shop. That way, if you do have any issues with the trolley or battery, they will likely look after you by loaning you something while yours is away.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The new go kart looks very nice and my missus loves the current version (part from putting battery on)

i own a motorcaddy s3 and can’t fault it