Powacaddy buyers beware

Tmal

Visit site
Bought a new Powacaddy last year.
I damaged the screen and wanted to buy a replacement. Rang shop I bought it from they promptly put me in touch with another shop as they are the official repair agents. After trying to explain I wanted a new screen only to be told a new handle is the only thing Powacaddy supply! It doesn’t finish there the guy was really helpful but apologised to me profusely telling me he could only replace it under warranty. Amazing I told him the it wasn’t faulty I had broken it myself and was totally prepared to pay whatever was necessary to get the replacement even a complete handle he just said no chance! Flabbergasted the fx3 cost me £500 six months ago . Will not be caught like that again will buy motocaddy next time or stick to a manual trolley.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would write to Powacaddy direct. i hd a similar problem with Motacaddy whilst under warrranty. thempart was free but I hd to travel 160 miles for the repair. They gve me a motacaddy pack worth around £70

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t understand what your problem is?
The guy said he could repair your trolley under warranty, which surely means a free repair but you wanted to pay for it???

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t understand what your problem is?
The guy said he could repair your trolley under warranty, which surely means a free repair but you wanted to pay for it???

I think he was saying that the repairer would have been able to do it under warranty if it had been faulty, which it wasn’t as he had damaged it.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's the way of things now. I imagine it has to come as a sealed unit in the handle to ensure it remains waterproof.
That's why I stick with my GoKart. An on/off switch and a rotary barrel to control the speed. It's all I need.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Funny enough the screen on my PC just cracked out on the course one day. Was going to take it to the local service centre as its 2 years old now, might not bother if it means changing the whole handle

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As I said in another thread, a local service agent for motocaddy and powakaddy has said all trolleys have got too advanced and become problematic. In he’s own words “ go as basic as poss as these are the most reliable, even a recon s1 or s3 over the newer Carlos fandango unit is a better buy “

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I got a Motocaddy M3 Pro about 18 months ago.
It has a few bells and whistles on it like counters for the round and lifetime....
I didn't want these but at the time the M3 was all I could get hold of.
Used them for a bit but can't be bothered with them anymore
Trolley works a treat and it works hard.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's spot on. It's a trolley. Carries clubs.... not needed to fly to the moon!:D

Exactly that, the new screens are cracking why… because it’s got a glass screen bang where you put your wedges, why? Because it needs a full visual led display to tell you your miles per gallon, every conceivable distance possible, next service life, cabin pressure, line of putt yada yada yada. Less is more, less gadgets more reliable.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In he’s own words “ go as basic as poss as these are the most reliable, even a recon s1 or s3 over the newer Carlos fandango unit is a better buy “
Ha Ha! Few years ago went the 2nd hand refurb route with M/caddy and after the second one went back 'cos they kept going wrong I got my money back. P/caddy are no better imo. The best electric trollies were the old "slot together" P/caddy Classic or the HillBilly. Why oh why did I get rid of it? :oops:

Let's face it. How can something so simple as an electric trolley be so expensive and still go wrong so often? Have to say, even though I haven't succombed (yet), GoKart seem to have got it right.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha Ha! Few years ago went the 2nd hand refurb route with M/caddy and after the second one went back 'cos they kept going wrong I got my money back. P/caddy are no better imo. The best electric trollies were the old "slot together" P/caddy Classic or the HillBilly. Why oh why did I get rid of it? :oops:

Let's face it. How can something so simple as an electric trolley be so expensive and still go wrong so often? Have to say, even though I haven't succombed (yet), GoKart seem to have got it right.
Absolutely... compared to all the others I hear having problems.