Posture question (humour me)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
*If this needs to be moved, please move it.*

Before the long self-enforced winter golf ban, I was working hard on my posture. I was definitely standing a bit too tall and not really leaning over much. My shoulders were working very flat and my pro was generally unhappy about a few things.

Here's my Q, and I hope some of you will help me out.

Stand facing a wall, (or door) (or whatever), not too close, obviously?! and take your normal golf swing posture....then nudge yourself forward until your head touches the wall.

Now, how far from the wall (skirting board) are your feet? I reckon the distance from my toes to the wall are about the same as fitting in another foot.

Just in case you're confused. Have a look.

nick_faldo_golf_swingwithlines.jpg

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The problem is that as you nudge forward, your club hits the wall/door and messes up your arms
which effects your shoulders and your head

The answer is 10 3/4 inches or 273 mm or about a size 9

Fragger

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great, now we're getting some answers. 27cm and 23cm....so far.

There's no right or wrong (is there?) but I'm keen to kind out.

Get in lads, get yer missus to measure it.

GOLFBALL_WHACKER_GUY

Challenge Tour Pro
www.sasroofing.co.uk
Its hard to be sure if you're in the position you would be if you were holding a club though. Would it not be more accurate if we were to line up to a ball with a7 iron and then measure from ball to back of heel?

I say back of heel because everyone has different sized feet ;)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why?

To feel the right amount of forward bend I like Leadbetter's idea of a line that passes from the centre of the shoulders, past the front of the knees to the balls of the feet:

Nice, Brian.

I'm just interested, and thank you for the replies so far. It's because there's no mirror at the practice ground but there is a shed!

Let's say a player with a mid iron is either way too close (like 10cm) or too far away then they'd know something's up?

Last edited: