Poll: Should Trump’s course be stripped of the PGA?

Should Trump’s course be stripped of the PGA next year?

• Yes

Votes: 86 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Trump National in Bedminster has been stripped of staging the PGA next year just days after a large group of Trump supporters illegally stormed the U.S. Capitol in protest of the recent presidential election.

"It has become clear that conducting the PGA Championship at Trump Bedminster would be detrimental to the PGA of America brand and would put at risk the PGA's ability to deliver our many programs and sustain the longevity of our mission."

(Know there are other threads - need a poll to go with it, ta)

D

Deleted member 1147

Be interested to see how long he keeps most of them, once his loans have been called

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Be interested to see how long he keeps most of them, once his loans have been called

I imagine he's a lot cleverer than people give him credit for, he'll be one step ahead that's for sure.
Now his presidential dream is over I'm interested on what he does next, concentrate fully on his courses or just sell them on ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I imagine he's a lot cleverer than people give him credit for, he'll be one step ahead that's for sure.
Now his presidential dream is over I'm interested on what he does next, concentrate fully on his courses or just sell them on ?
Hopefully he will sell Turnberry, they can remove the tacky carpets and signs with his name on them, reduce the fees so people can go there and play it without having to be there in the middle of winter or having to take a bank loan. His, and others to be fair, model of pricing high to attract the overseas golfer is a killer for us here.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Hopefully he will sell Turnberry, they can remove the tacky carpets and signs with his name on them, reduce the fees so people can go there and play it without having to be there in the middle of winter or having to take a bank loan. His, and others to be fair, model of pricing high to attract the overseas golfer is a killer for us here.

I know a couple guys that play at Turnberry, Overall the members are very happy with the changes. It's much improved.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know a couple guys that play at Turnberry, Overall the members are very happy with the changes. It's much improved.
I stayed and played there 3 years ago, special birthday. I had not played it before so I have nothing to compare it against. It was fabulous. From the moment you arrrive, the staff, the practice area, the clubhouse, the hotel, the course, did I mention the staff :D, it is a wonderful experience. I'd be back like a shot if the pricing was more affordable. If they have not invited you for a game yet, guest rates, then you want to get on to them for this summer.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
A necessary decision.

There shouldn’t be tour events in Saudi Arabia either.

Or China.

If the PGA and Golf as a whole take & agree with the Trump decision, then they shouldn't follow the money and host events in Countries with such questionable records.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
A necessary decision.

There shouldn’t be tour events in Saudi Arabia either.

Or China.

I agree whole heartedly with your views on Saudi and China .

Saudi's actions blockading food and aid getting to Yemen is unfathomable. The rest of the world has turned a blind eye because of the dollar they spend. I also found it sad that the Ladies ET were promoting the event in Saudi and the legs and shoulders of the players had to be covered up.

China, with their latest antics of not allowing the WHO scientists into the country to try and determine the origins of Covid, (in order to help the vaccine process) is despicable.

I also agree the US Open should be moved.

I feel ranty this morning now

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why not just freeze all Trump’s assets and give him a cardboard box and direct him to a bridge so he can set up his new home?
Bloke needs a life lesson

D

Deleted member 15344

When he realises that he won’t get Majors and Tour events then he will sell off the courses apart from a couple in the US

Places like Turnberry, Aberdeen , Doonbeg make a significant loss each year

I can’t see him selling Aberdeen but Turnberry I believe will go and they would get the Open back

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I agree whole heartedly with your views on Saudi and China .

Saudi's actions blockading food and aid getting to Yemen is unfathomable. The rest of the world has turned a blind eye because of the dollar they spend. I also found it sad that the Ladies ET were promoting the event in Saudi and the legs and shoulders of the players had to be covered up.

China, with their latest antics of not allowing the WHO scientists into the country to try and determine the origins of Covid, (in order to help the vaccine process) is despicable.

I also agree the US Open should be moved.

I feel ranty this morning now

China's persecution of the uyghurs is way way worse than not allowing WHO into the country. Chuck in a bit of expansionism in the South China Sea, and there isn't a lot to like about them.