Poll: how many golf lessons have you had in 2014?

How many golf lessons have you had in 2014?

Votes: 72 42.1%
  • 1-3

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • 4-7

Votes: 34 19.9%
  • 8-10

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • 11-15

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • 16-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
my wife bought my a group of 6 lessons last xmas time and have used 4 this year, with one more left to use. It defo helps me 're-learn' the basics if i end up slightly off rack. Last one was re-visiting a more rounded swing, rather than just using my arms. BZ to Andy at China Fleet!!

Heavy-grebo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually have some lessons during the off season but this time I'm doing it myself with my phone video and a range, what can go wrong....

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a lesson tonight, just a couple of tweaks....

Changed my grip, alignment, ball position, backswing and downswing.

I'm sure it'll be worth it although HID fears I'm embarking on a Harrington-esque adventure! :D

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a lesson tonight, just a couple of tweaks....

Changed my grip, alignment, ball position, backswing and downswing.

I'm sure it'll be worth it although HID fears I'm embarking on a Harrington-esque adventure! :D

Surly your swing can't need that much work of it's got you down to 4?

Seems a lot to be working on in one go.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surly your swing can't need that much work of it's got you down to 4?

Seems a lot to be working on in one go.

You'd be surprised!

The grip change is the big one, just feels weird. Always trying to get better, hopefully these current lessons will help me go lower.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The grip change is the big one, just feels weird.

I have been instructed to get my hands moved away from my body into a much higher position so that they clear my right side properly on the takeaway.
Now that feels really weird!
After watching video's of the "before" and "after" the results were amazing.
Much better posture, and the clubhead was actually travelling more towards the ball from the inside at impact than before.
I could not believe how much I was attacking the ball from the outside with my previous set up.
No wonder I was losing so much distance.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
I got 2for1 with my membership renewal.

Didn't go for more as I stopped enjoying my weekends trying to incorporate the tweaks. Made a decision golf is just a hobbie and dropped 2 shots through the year anyway.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I havent had any lessons in 2014. My swing is fairly reliable (most of the time) and when it drits off I tend to self-diagnose and work out where its going wrong. I will also refer back to an old book of golf teaching which is around 50 yrs old when things really go awry!

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
L
You'd be surprised!

The grip change is the big one, just feels weird. Always trying to get better, hopefully these current lessons will help me go lower.

Grip change is horrible, luckily after my pro last tweaked mine about a year a go it's stayed fine.

The struggle I have now is keeping my left heel planted at impact.

It's slowly getting better but you wouldn't think something so simple would take so much work.

NST

Head Pro
Visit site
30 plus, could be 40 plus. Started playing two and a half years ago. Was taught right sided golf, ended up with a fade and not enough height on ball flight. Spent this year working on a more traditional swing, and trying to draw the ball. Almost forgot the grip change, I had a very strong grip too.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
3 lessons, ,2 half hour and one 9 hole playing lesson. Managed to win the March Medal just after the 9 hole lesson - must be something to it!

David B

Visit site
I've been able to go through a swing change this year so it's 20 plus - about once every 2 weeks with fewer in the really bad weather plus a few emergency ones as my chipping's developed into yipping!! The handicap has come down from 13 to 9 although it's creeping back up again now!

Has it had a positive effect, oh hell yes! Firstly i have much more idea what is wrong if I hit a bad ball and can sort of correct it on the golf course but much more importantly I'm much more consistent and I really know what I'm trying to get to.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just started using a different pro on a very ad hoc basis. Seems to keep it very simple and comes very highly recommended by a lot of single figure guys at the club and in my mind word of mouth is by the best endorsement of a pro's teaching ability. He's only really tweaked set up and left my swing alone and hitting it much better. He's a good short game coach allegedly so I'll see if I can crack him with my gremlins after Christmas

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had my first ever lesson this year and initially gained around 20 yards ,but I injured my back practicing too much. I think theres light at the end of the tunnel now , but it might be a train coming.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
None for me also - don't take instruction very well, do watch you tube Mark Crossfield a lot and video myself a bit - I get a lot out of this

The coach has helped also :cheers: