Political thread-Question for GM

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Without wanting to get controversial, isn’t this similar to what MetalMickie posted previously, who or how do you define bile? for example, have a look at the smart motorway thread from this morning and you’ll see petty insults being thrown around. Those involved may disagree, so maybe it’s more of a perception of what is being said and how it is being read.
Agree entirely with your comments Paul and looked at the other thread. Without referring to the 2 concerned today some people are so opinionated and entrenched in their views. They feel it is a weakness to accept the other persons point of view. Sometimes it is a sign of strength to admit you were wrong. They also ‘remember‘ individual posters and are looking for revenge!

Phil has at times asked people to ‘cool it’ and I am sure he gets no pleasure in issuing infractions.

We all, well almost all, comply with the Rules when playing golf so how much more difficult is it on The Forum?

Hopefully GM will take the views of this thread into account and let us have a 2nd chance. I hope so perhaps with a couple of additional pointers

D

Deleted member 15344

I was not referring to the political views of any individual.

My concern is that some will consider themselves to be expressing their view in a restrained manner whilst others may regard their expression as aggressive rude and extreme.

The mods would then have to decide and, quite frankly, I would not envy their task.

I can understand that and certainly can’t disagree

I think what happened with the political threads is two sides just became tit for tat and it got to a stage where you it was just full of the standard derogatory comments in regards how someone voted etc - for example “remoaners” etc etc

And it then just happened on every single thread that had any political slant on it

I think not allowing political discussions has helped a lot with the current situation because people would have just spent the whole time being critical of which ever party made which choice etc

But i do hope we get to stage where we can discuss issues with political stances involved because there are a lot of differing very knowledgeable posters on here

But i can see why Mike and Co banned them when you looked at how they dominated the Out of Bounds area

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Anyway, does it say you can't discuss Spanish politics? :D

Its far more exciting than British politics, if exciting is the right word. Their far right party, Vox - think BNP on steroids, got 52 seats at the last election. Thankfully there are 298 'others.'

They want to close all mosques and ship out the muslims. They also want to repeal the gender violence laws as they feel its discriminates against men.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As much as I would like to have political discussions on this forum it just ain’t gonna happen nor should it. Some of the things people say, quite frankly I would not give out infractions but ban them. I would like to think that things I say on here I would say to someone’s face. Personal insults are not one of them. It just not seem to resonate with some folks that everyone has been brought up in different circumstances and have different opinions. Respect of ones opinions just don’t seem to happen with some folk. Chuck politics into the matter and you have a free for all slag fest. I mentioned a few weeks back that some forummers are finding other topics to argue over. it’s still happening.
We live in troubled times and some folk on here have held the *** end of the stick for a year. They come on here for a release and end up getting more stress and insults. So much so they take a break. I see no reason to put fuel on the fire.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its far more exciting than British politics, if exciting is the right word. Their far right party, Vox - think BNP on steroids, got 52 seats at the last election. Thankfully there are 298 'others.'

They want to close all mosques and ship out the muslims. They also want to repeal the gender violence laws as they feel its discriminates against men.

My word, and thats even before the nationalistic aspect of Spanish politics with the Catalans, Basques and maybe to a lesser extent the Galicians wanting to be no part of Spanish politics. ;)