please help me replace 2 clubs and buy 2 more!

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
I have the following clubs: -

Titleist AP1 Irons
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW (45 deg)

Titleist Vokey Wedge 58.8

Very old cheap crappy 5W and 3W (I mean REALLY old cheap and crappy)

Putter and Driver

I make that 12 in total, so I have room for 2 more, plus I'd like to replace the 5W and 3W.

Seems I have big gap between my PW and 58 deg, so was thinking a 52 deg to bridge it. Then should I go for a more lofted wedge also? A 62 or even a 64? I think there would definitely be times when I'd use a more lofted club (maybe that would be easier that opening the face of the 58). Also, I don't have an *official* sand wedge - I've been using my 58.8 deg vokey for bunkers, which I do OK with but I don't know if that's optimal or if having a different loft/bounce would make things easier. I don't think I want to end up with 5 wedges though. I love my 58, so don't want to do away with that.

The other clubs I'd like to replace are the 3W and 5W. Not sure what I'd need though, newer/better fairway woods? or hybrids? I hardly ever use my 4-iron - so maybe that could be replaced?

As you can tell I'm looking for the optimal selection, so any advice would be welcome!

Cheers

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keeping the titleist theme going you can pick 909f's and 909h's up for very reasonable money these days.

Personally I would add a 3wood and a 3 hybrid then put your 4iron away. For wedges, I'd go for a vokey 50 and 54 deg to match you 58

Sorry if I sound like a one brand junky

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have the following clubs: -

Titleist AP1 Irons
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW (45 deg)

Titleist Vokey Wedge 58.8

Very old cheap crappy 5W and 3W (I mean REALLY old cheap and crappy)

Putter and Driver

I make that 12 in total, so I have room for 2 more, plus I'd like to replace the 5W and 3W.

Seems I have big gap between my PW and 58 deg, so was thinking a 52 deg to bridge it. Then should I go for a more lofted wedge also? A 62 or even a 64? I think there would definitely be times when I'd use a more lofted club (maybe that would be easier that opening the face of the 58). Also, I don't have an *official* sand wedge - I've been using my 58.8 deg vokey for bunkers, which I do OK with but I don't know if that's optimal or if having a different loft/bounce would make things easier. I don't think I want to end up with 5 wedges though. I love my 58, so don't want to do away with that.

The other clubs I'd like to replace are the 3W and 5W. Not sure what I'd need though, newer/better fairway woods? or hybrids? I hardly ever use my 4-iron - so maybe that could be replaced?

As you can tell I'm looking for the optimal selection, so any advice would be welcome!

Cheers

Personally. I'd drop the 3 and 5 wood and get a 4 wood.

Add a 3 hybrid (Can't believe I just said that :mad:)

Wedges: 50* Gap wedge and a 56* SW (A brand of your choosing)

Of course all of the above depends how far you hit each club. That should be your deciding factor :thup:

Just because you're allowed 14 clubs, doesn't mean you HAVE to carry 14.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
4 wood, 7 wood, No 4 hybrid or keep your iron and a 52 degree wedge.

I wouldn't get a more lofted wedge as 58 will cover most situations