Playing my first 18 holes tomorrow

Sekiro

Visit site
117 is a great first round, took me a few weeks until I was shooting that, still not a lot lower now actually lol! Most important thing is that you enjoyed it, getting that first Par is an amazing feeling too!

It will have gave you some areas to work on that you can take to your Pro and look at together, but for now, sit back, feet up and enjoy that 1 round beer!

AdamC28

Visit site
Well done. Especially good back 9 for your first round and one that many on here would be pleased with!
Once you've got the bug it gets a hold of you pretty hard!

D

Deleted member 3432

The score card is in lol. I am knackered that was a workout, the course was hills everywhere. Good thing is now I know I definitely dont want to join a hilly course but it was so much fun and enjoyed it even more that i was expecting.
Scored 117 lost 5 balls and even managed to par one hole, that was definitely the highlight of the day. Felt great and before we started that was a challenge i had set for myself. Just par one hole.
Realised my driving was very inconsistent maybe payed at 50% success rate today but stuck at it. Got the driver out on every hole it was needed. Felt as if my irons were really good for a beginner chipped in from 100 years and hit the pin. Also realised my putting needs some serious work, really struggled with putting, found it hard and the balls just went so fast. So that’s something i really need to get practice on.
My mate took a few short videos of all my shots from the first hole so ill post them when he sends me them but this is my score card.View attachment 32327
Great 1st effort.

To rule in golf saying you have to hit driver on par 4's and 5's, keeping in play off the tee is a great way of saving shots.

Keep at it and expect a few setbacks on the journey.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Well done pal.
I've played around 6 rounds, first score 128, im down to 112 now.
I'm finding Its silly decisions that stop my score lowering. More course management needed for me.
But we'll done and keep it up, don't let it get you down, its just a game after all.

Diamond

Visit site
117 is superb for first round. I think I was did anything from 120 to 130 for the First few rounds. Even after 12 months I managed a 114 on Sunday. If you manage to reduce the lost balls that will help, I should take my own advice ?. Your mates back 9 was excellent.

Sekiro

Visit site
No double figure holes, that's good going for a first round.

Think MrPings double figures holes slipped off his scorecard and onto mine, I had a 10 on the 7th and 13th today :poop:

I recorded my first hole but having trouble putting the videos on the forum. Can someone explain how to do it ? When i click attach files its only showing my photos no videos

Probably easier to upload it to YouTube or a video sharing platform and dropping the video link here.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
The score card is in lol. I am knackered that was a workout, the course was hills everywhere. Good thing is now I know I definitely dont want to join a hilly course but it was so much fun and enjoyed it even more that i was expecting.
Scored 117 lost 5 balls and even managed to par one hole, that was definitely the highlight of the day. Felt great and before we started that was a challenge i had set for myself. Just par one hole.
Realised my driving was very inconsistent maybe payed at 50% success rate today but stuck at it. Got the driver out on every hole it was needed. Felt as if my irons were really good for a beginner chipped in from 100 years and hit the pin. Also realised my putting needs some serious work, really struggled with putting, found it hard and the balls just went so fast. So that’s something i really need to get practice on.
My mate took a few short videos of all my shots from the first hole so ill post them when he sends me them but this is my score card.View attachment 32327
Well done on your par on 11. Good first round?

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
Lessons so far are £220
driving range £90
putter was £250
irons £180
3 wood £65
driver £50
60 wedge £20
golf bag £220
trolley £180
umbrella £40
shoes £80
trousers x2 £120
tops x5 £310
balls x60 £30
tees £5

total £1860
still need a umbrella holder for my trolley and a few hats and polos.

Jesus man £250 on a putter, that's mental!!!??

Enjoy your round. Second earlier advice hit nothing higher than a 6 iron and try not to kill the ball with every swing.

controlled swings with a nice tempo to maintain timing is your way forward.

BigEasyERGC

Visit site

Well done mate for your first ever round ?

As long as you enjoyed yourself that's the main thing, keeps you coming back lol ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good start.(y)
I would not get too hung up on scores when you start.
You can hit three terrible shots onto a green and hole a lucky putt for a par..........or
You could hit two wonderful shots, the second trickles into a bad lie in greenside bunker which you take 3 shots to get out of, then 4 putt.
Count the number of good shots you hit per round [for a beginner 12 is a good start] and work towards keeping the number of putts down to an average of two per green.
Be honest in what you call a good shot.