Playing here in a couple of weeks....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
always enjoyed it when i've played there and had a few good scores.

But i do think there are a few very parkland style ( after Hogans, up to the turn ) holes which i don't really get TBH.

We have a match against then just after the open there so will be playing it then, looking forward too it

U

User62651

I played it a good few years ago, nice day, played well and enjoyed it greatly. Played with a member which was a great help getting info on lines and positions. Overall a terrific test and 17/18 are as good finishing holes as you'll find.
Definitely one to put on your must play list.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Visually still miles better than the view of a paper mill :whistle: ;)

You see I actually disagree, what focal point do you have at Carnoustie? There is absolutely nothing, there isn't even a view of the sea. At least I can focus on Arran, Western, Barassie, or the Ailsa Craig.

Add in the constant pop, pop, bang, bang from the shooting range and it's not a great experience. Not arguing about the quality of the course but its been played a couple of times now and to be honest if I didn't play it again I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep which seems crazy considering its an Open venue.

Of course with all my opinions I will sign the disclaimer saying they are only my opinion and I don't claim to be right!

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You see I actually disagree, what focal point do you have at Carnoustie? There is absolutely nothing, there isn't even a view of the sea. At least I can focus on Arran, Western, Barassie, or the Ailsa Craig.

Add in the constant pop, pop, bang, bang from the shooting range and it's not a great experience. Not arguing about the quality of the course but its been played a couple of times now and to be honest if I didn't play it again I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep which seems crazy considering its an Open venue.

Of course with all my opinions I will sign the disclaimer saying they are only my opinion and I don't claim to be right!

That is a fair point, yet very few agree with me about TOC if you take away the history, it's very ordinary.