playing a par 3 course

Coreservers

Visit site
Not got a lot of time on tuesday, so I've booked onto brampton heath's par 3 course. is it required or indeed etiquette to use the full set or a reduced set of clubs. ?

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's neither.... I'm a member of a par3 course and I've used full set, odd numbered clubs, even numbered clubs. Do what you want.

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
Do what you like. - I have carried my full bag round But generally I just remove the longer clubs and carry irons only

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not got a lot of time on tuesday, so I've booked onto brampton heath's par 3 course. is it required or indeed etiquette to use the full set or a reduced set of clubs. ?

If I go out on a par 3 course depending on the length I just take my 4,6,8,PW,50*,58* and putter. Good practice learning to play different shots rather than full shot s all the time.

sunshine

Visit site
Do what you want. It depends on the length of the holes... some par 3 courses are pitch and putt, others can have 200+ yard holes where you need more clubs.

Just bear in mind that pushing a full set of clubs in a tour bag on an electric trolley you are going to look like a bit of a nob on a par 3 course where everyone else is carrying a couple of wedges and a putter :LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given that the longest hole is just 115 yards I would seriously cut down the number of clubs in the bag. for me it would 6 iron in case I need a low shot, then 8 downwards.

sunshine

Visit site
Given that the longest hole is just 115 yards I would seriously cut down the number of clubs in the bag. for me it would 6 iron in case I need a low shot, then 8 downwards.

So it's pitch and putt. I'd love to see someone on there with full gear :ROFLMAO:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
So it's pitch and putt. I'd love to see someone on there with full gear :ROFLMAO:

In my home town of Melton Mowbray there is a council owned pitch and putt and you see people up there with bags on trolleys with all the kit, has me rolling around laughing. I use to have a pencil bag because there was a couple of pitch and putts I would go to. It was just easier to throw a few clubs into, some balls and tees. Also somewhere to carry my cigarettes and a drink.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A previous club ( now destroyed by HS2:mad:) had a smashing little par course.
Shortest hole 54 yards, longest about 100
3 wedges and a putter in a pencil bag, a couple of balls, a pitchmark repairer....used to go round twice in less than an hour....
Great fun.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
In my home town of Melton Mowbray there is a council owned pitch and putt and you see people up there with bags on trolleys with all the kit, has me rolling around laughing. I use to have a pencil bag because there was a couple of pitch and putts I would go to. It was just easier to throw a few clubs into, some balls and tees. Also somewhere to carry my cigarettes and a drink.
Is this the one?

MM pnp.jpg

I love a good quality pitch and putt.
This is where I first got hooked on golf. An 18 hole P&P in Wakefield. About 40 to 100 yard holes, trees, bunkers the lot. Don't think it still operates by the look of it.

TP pnp.jpg

I don't see much point to 9 holes of standard length par 3s. I would much rather practice on a pitch and putt.
They way I approach golf is that I play 18 par 3s every time.
Once I am within range of the green I am playing a par 3. Most of the holes give you one or two warm-up shots first then the real golf begins.