Pitching Problems

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just returned from a practice session and I cant figure out what I do different when flight changes. Main change is punch shot against high floater. Stance, ball position and swing tempo all seem the same. So what the hell am I changing to get these two different outcomes. Very frustrating when you trying to do 1 and you end up with the other. Cheers folks

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its to do with the amount of effective loft at impact. If these differences are happening with the same club and setup then it's how far ahead or back the clubshaft leans at impact.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its to do with the amount of effective loft at impact. If these differences are happening with the same club and setup then it's how far ahead or back the clubshaft leans at impact.

That I understand SR but can you tell me what am I doing different to vary shaft lean. Cheers

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At times I did feel that I might be doing that. Now if I am flipping would that cause the overstrength punchy type pitch that flies nearly twice the required distance

When the wrists swat at the ball its a bit of a lottery how the ball will be struck. You may catch it well, thin,fat or with lots of loft depending where the clubface gets to at impact. It's very hard to time it.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers SR, atleast it gives me something to work on. The pro away for a week so unable to have a chat or book a lesson. Many thanks again