Ping Tour W Wedges

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am thinking about upgrading my present ping tour wedges. Has anyone got the ping tour w wedges or tried them ? Cleveland cg12 and 14's and vokeys seem to be all the rage I was wondering if ping are in the same league ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Pings look a bit agricultural from the back but at address you'll struggle to tell the difference between Vokey's, CG12's pr the Pings. They work really well, I've got 50,54 and 58 degree and they're the best wedges I've used and I've tried them all.
Great spin, great feel, not so good to look at from behind but - hey they work for me.

jacksterz16

Visit site
funnily enough ive had all 3 sets of wedges (cg12, vokey and ping tour w) and the pings are easily the best. cheaper than the vokeys, more forgiveness, feel and just as much spin. Great distance control with them as well.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Had 3 Cleveland 588 gun metal for last 6 years. Recently changed my irons to Ping (and as a result the loft of my PW in the set). Decided to change the wedges too as the old ones were very worn.

Went for the Tour-W chrome. Consistent distance, lots of spin. A bit of a change from the Clevelends in that they feel heavier and my touch round the greens coupled with the extra check is proving a little hard to get used to but that will come.

Overall very happy, will replace the third Cleveland in due course so will end up with 50, 54, 58. Can't wait for next season.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't think they are the prettiest wedges out there but they do work surprisingly well. I hit the W's recently when I was tempted to buy the I15's (I prefer my wedges to always be the same manufacturer) and they do perform better than they look. I don't think there are many bad wedges out there anymore especially fromthe main manufacturers

T

thecraw

Algar,

Its your lucky day! I have the Ping Tour W green dot 52 + 58 wedges and they are awesome mate. I love them. You can have a bash of these when you come through for a game at the Castle.

Crawford.

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Everyone for all your feedback. Pings certainly seem very popular amongst all who have tried them. Now just to decide whether to stick with the 52 and 60 or perhaps 52, 56 and 60 or some other combination.

Crawford,

Certainly is my lucky day. First round today with the new irons and now not just a chance to play your course but I'm using your clubs !

Cheers,

Alan

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've got 52,54 & 58 Tour W's. 54 is for practice, 52 & 58 in the bag. I've tried the 60 but don't see a need for it just open up the 58 a little if I need any more height.

They swing well, stop well (Sometimes spin too much)and in my opinion look fantastic at set up. Plenty of loft & bounce options and they even do custom grinds.