Ping irons -current lead times?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our pro told me yesterday that he had received an email from Ping during the week citing that they were having trouble securing components hence the delays.

TogoPresley

Visit site
Great drive Bryson.?
I know right - and that is without the "juice" :) I can hit the ball long but these are at Volume 11 as I can really lean in without worrying that the shaft is leaving the head open.
I clipped the tee shot on 13th 329 yards too so I should be able to lose balls in all kinds of new places now. Anyone considering G425 - go for it!

Zig

Visit site
I know right - and that is without the "juice" :) I can hit the ball long but these are at Volume 11 as I can really lean in without worrying that the shaft is leaving the head open.
I clipped the tee shot on 13th 329 yards too so I should be able to lose balls in all kinds of new places now. Anyone considering G425 - go for it!

I need to take mine back then... It's probably 100 yards shorter than where you're hitting it!
Nice driver though - would recommend.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I am finding that the better I hit my new G425 driver, the quieter it is. Quite handy in a way as I can hear as well as feel a slightly mishit drive - handy when the club seems so forgiving that the ball can still fly pretty well despite a mishit.

Clearly however your fairways are much harder than those at my place and so you are getting much more ‘run out‘ from your drives ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
According to my local Ping stockist Ping are really struggling.
Unless you want Blueprint or i59 irons you're stuffed until the New Year
They're running low on fairways and hybrid heads too
Drivers are OK at the moment but will probably run out before the next batch can be made.
They've, effectively, got very little to sell.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Drivers are OK at the moment but will probably run out before the next batch can be made.
Well if they want cut their losses and shift the i59 it needs to have a price cut , kind of also explains the line about them being as forgiving as an i210. Especially if they cannot get the i210 out there. Oh well hold fire it is and play the long wait with them.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yep, heard the same yesterday whilst playing golf with a mate.
He said he'd been in a local pro shop on Tuesday this week, pro phones ping to try order a set of ping G410 irons for a customer, and was told January....!!
Unbelievable
I thought he was just joking, but defenitely not

mg444444

Visit site
G425 also quoted as January(ordered Start of August) …but i’ve requested no ARCCOS in the hope that the microchips (or whatever tech is inside) is where the hold up lay. I use Shotscope anyway so didn't want it. Anyone know anything different?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
G425 also quoted as January(ordered Start of August) …but i’ve requested no ARCCOS in the hope that the microchips (or whatever tech is inside) is where the hold up lay. I use Shotscope anyway so didn't want it. Anyone know anything different?
It's more down to the stock of club heads.
They simply don't have any.
They sold a year's worth of inventory in 3 or 4 months, they can't bring forward production at the Chinese Plant because the Plant makes metal good for others and time has to be booked months in advance.
This Plant is also currently closed due to Covid restrictions in China soothing is getting made and the backlog lengthens

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
This has put me in a bit of a quandry. I want to buy some new irons and I really like the look of the G425's (but havent hit them). On a whim I went to a local club's TaylorMade fitting and they fit me the SIM2 Max lengthened by an inch with 2 deg upright, so I know that my current clubs really aren't fit for me. TM quoting 15 working days for these clubs.

Can't decide whether to go with the TMs and have them in 15 days or wait a number of months for issues with Ping's supply chain to die down, and go with the 425's whilst persisting with my current set.

GuyInLyon

Visit site

I'm so glad that I got my G410 clubs early in 2020.

I even got an excellent deal on a new G400 driver.

Trailing edge technology is fine by me.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Ordered G425 irons through Silvermere Thursday 23rd Sept
Order confirmed with Ping Friday 24th Sept
Received today an estimated delivery date of 25th Jan, so if that holds (no idea if it will) I make the best part of 18 weeks lead time.

Was also told that TaylorMade have run out of 9i's for their SIM2's and they would be similar lead times, by which point apparently a new club will be out. I know nothing about club manufacturing but struggling to understand how you run out of a specific iron?

mg444444

Visit site
I’m also waiting on driver and fairway wood from Ping (in addition to irons) and they’re now delayed as there is a grip shortage!! Was 1month wait-now saying 2month! Irons still on track for start of Jan(apparently) so thats about same timeframe as you are on.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I guess if you shut down the world for 18 months, then have a big increase in demand you get delays. I assume the companies are being more tight lipped than the shops because they still want orders and it is the shop that get the verbal off the customer! :)

Why the disparity between Ping and Taylor Made?

Highslice

Visit site
Ordered mizuno irons 2nd week of August, was told 4-6 weeks initially but have now been pushed back to the start of November.

Shafts OOS apparently.