Ping iblades?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I love the look of the iblade but on bad days is the iblade going to punish me so some forgiveness in the i210s might be the answer

Don't know the Pings at all. I am using the Srixon 785s. I have an old set of Muirfield blades which I like to hit from time to time.
Just as an aside. I find it a little difficult to follow the argument fully about forgiving irons and blades etc. What I mean is, if you strike the iron properly you will get your desired result, whether you hit a 7 For 140 yds or 175yds. It should fly to its target.. That's true of a blade or a forgiving iron.
So, ok, you don't hit it properly- a blade will possibly sting the fingers and go talmost nowhere?. But the forgiving club will give you, say, a percentage result.
But 50/60/80 per cent of an approach to a green will probably put you in a bad place too. Water, bushes, etc?
Ok, - On a links course you might bundle along not as far but still on fairway etc, but, overall, a wrongly struck iron of any sort will put you in an unpredictable and a high scoring place, no?
Just a thought.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't know the Pings at all. I am using the Srixon 785s. I have an old set of Muirfield blades which I like to hit from time to time.
Just as an aside. I find it a little difficult to follow the argument fully about forgiving irons and blades etc. What I mean is, if you strike the iron properly you will get your desired result, whether you hit a 7 For 140 yds or 175yds. It should fly to its target.. That's true of a blade or a forgiving iron.
So, ok, you don't hit it properly- a blade will possibly sting the fingers and go talmost nowhere?. But the forgiving club will give you, say, a percentage result.
But 50/60/80 per cent of an approach to a green will probably put you in a bad place too. Water, bushes, etc?
Ok, - On a links course you might bundle along not as far but still on fairway etc, but, overall, a wrongly struck iron of any sort will put you in an unpredictable and a high scoring place, no?
Just a thought.
My understanding of the ping iblade is it’s not a true blade and offers some forgiveness when not struck out of the middle it’s looks more of mb sort of club ,I’m going to trial a ping i210 I think it seems the best of both worlds .The srixon z785 look nice mind and they seem to be a good deal at the moment

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
My understanding of the ping iblade is it’s not a true blade and offers some forgiveness when not struck out of the middle it’s looks more of mb sort of club ,I’m going to trial a ping i210 I think it seems the best of both worlds .The srixon z785 look nice mind and they seem to be a good deal at the moment

Ping i210 and Srixon 785 are both excellent bats. Personal preference really, probably not much to separate them. If you go down the Srixon route, consider 585s in the longer irons.