Ping i59

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I've just received an email from Snainton advising me that these are now available to pre-order, delivery in October.

They are to die for, but at £1400 for 4 to PW they should be.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Much want.

Maybe not this year. But these or a set of T200s are on the cards next spring.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get a new set of PXG’s for less than that.

I’m fact could probably get some Miura’s for not much more.

They are nice though.

BiMGuy

Visit site
The price is steep. But that is where premium irons are heading unfortunately. At this price point its not too much more of a stretch to start looking at a set of Kyoei irons.

I'm going to see where my game is next year before deciding on what to go for. I'm not moving away from the fat soled G400s just before winter.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do PXG have the experience or expertise of Ping? Having said that, horrendous price. They clearly expect few sales.

I’m sure PXG headhunted Pings two top club making honchos back when they started. So possibly yes.

I’m not saying PXG necessarily have anywhere near the pedigree a history that ping does.

What I am saying though is that the materials and processes used by PXG, Miura (plus the other top Japanese forging houses) will be significantly better and significantly More expensive than Pings

at the prices OEM’s are touching, they simply not representing any type of value imo.

Just to be clear, I’m not in anyway stating that expensive materials etc will make the golf swing easier, far from it.

What I’m saying is that the price of most mainstream clubs these days is appalling in terms of value for money.

Charing Rolex prices for timex gear.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Pings are expensive but I do not think their processes are lesser than Muira etc.

They are more expensive because they are low volume, just like Muira and PXG.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Muira's processes should be fairly simple. Its just forging, milling and grinding. Then adding a finish.

The manufacturing process for something like the i59 must be significantly more complex.

two-clubs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Pings are expensive but I do not think their processes are lesser than Muira etc.

They are more expensive because they are low volume, just like Muira and PXG.

They are more expensive because all golf gear is priced at the max they think golfers will pay, simple. Cynic, me? Never. :unsure:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Muira's processes should be fairly simple. Its just forging, milling and grinding. Then adding a finish.

The manufacturing process for something like the i59 must be significantly more complex.

Just like the PXG’s then I would suggest.

And no way do ping forge the same way PXG do.