Ping I500 Irons

Anj71

Visit site
Just had custom fit day with these. I got fitted with a Project X LZ 5.5 shafts. My old set was CF16 Apex in DG S300. The dispersion with the Pings were much tighter than my clubs, so all good there. What I did notice was the kick factor and feel being much better in the Project X shafts. Launched higher, more spin with the same good distance. However, the test was only done on a 7 Iron. No idea how this will effect the lowers and higher loft clubs. I’m quite surprised these shafts suited me as these are really Reg Plus or Firm as they call it and 15g lighter. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Were you fitted form the CF16s..?
Coz the S300 is a whole lotta shaft and more than a lot of people can handle consistently.
The 5.5 in PX is pretty firm and not a million miles away from the S300 in terms of stiffness but and 10-15g lighter they'll certainly feel easier to swing.
Unless you're very fortunate, most people get fitted with just a 7 iron - used to be a 6 but lofts have changed ( so really being fitted on a 6)
I think it would be better if you could be fitted with a 5/7/9 combo because things like head size, bounce, offset all change and may or may not suit.

Anj71

Visit site
No I was never fitted with the CF16s, just happened to hit them the best on the range. Shame, the fitter didn’t have the other combo heads. Anyway I have now been relieved of £900, so hope they deliver.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Project X is actually quite stiff for its rating. FCM wise S300 and LZ 5.5 are pretty much the same. It’s the extra kick in the LZ (and less weight) that makes people think it’s the weaker shaft.
IMO the LZ should not wear the Project X branding. It’s just not what you would expect from a Project X steel shaft.