Ping Hybrids (again)!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
So - game still a bit awry at the moment and swing awol but on the return yet through that I'm hitting my new G5 19 degree a treat (mostly). The G20 remains a conundrum however and just not sure how long to stick with it for the occasions when it goes very nicely...

Have spotted a Ping Rapture in soft regular on Ebay and tempted to invest. Anyone tried both the G5 and Rapture and have an opinion on which is best or are they much the same and the Rapture just a newer model. Where does it sit with the G range??

Cheers, Amanda

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
So - game still a bit awry at the moment and swing awol but on the return yet through that I'm hitting my new G5 19 degree a treat (mostly). The G20 remains a conundrum however and just not sure how long to stick with it for the occasions when it goes very nicely...

Have spotted a Ping Rapture in soft regular on Ebay and tempted to invest. Anyone tried both the G5 and Rapture and have an opinion on which is best or are they much the same and the Rapture just a newer model. Where does it sit with the G range??

Cheers, Amanda

Hi Amanda....
I'm a bit Ping obsessed as you can see by the Sig:)

I tried the G15 hybrid for a few weeks when i first got one but had more odd shots the good ones....However i then 1 day borrowed an i15 to compare the 2 and it was like night and day....

You'll be led to believe that the i15 is strictly for the better golfer...All crap....Its actually easier to hit than the G series...I find the look of the G a little off putting...It looks like a swollen thumb....

Try the i15...I reckon that you'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Amanda....
I'm a bit Ping obsessed as you can see by the Sig:)

I tried the G15 hybrid for a few weeks when i first got one but had more odd shots the good ones....However i then 1 day borrowed an i15 to compare the 2 and it was like night and day....

You'll be led to believe that the i15 is strictly for the better golfer...All crap....Its actually easier to hit than the G series...I find the look of the G a little off putting...It looks like a swollen thumb....

Try the i15...I reckon that you'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

Agree about the look from G15 onwards which I have never liked much at all. I love the look of the i20's but a bit pricey unless I win the Ping PYB :thup: I'll check out the i15 range as they have the traditional look I like.

Thanks.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree about the look from G15 onwards which I have never liked much at all. I love the look of the i20's but a bit pricey unless I win the Ping PYB :thup: I'll check out the i15 range as they have the traditional look I like.

Thanks.

Well i already have a 20 degree i 15 (3 iron replacement )...I have my eyes on a 17 degree one in our local shop...Its in great nick and its only 75 euros.....And to be honest im very close to dropping the 4 iron for a 4H as well....

They are stupid easy to hit and i find whether i catch them off the toe or the middle there is very little distance loss......

If you do get a chance to swing one i play mine with a similar ball position for a 6 or 7 iron....It works a treat.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember now the problem. So many of the i range are stiff or regular flex and have yet to locate one in soft regular. I guess as they're aimed at better players...

I have tried the G20 driver in regular flex and it was fine but ideally would like a standard flex through my bag.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember now the problem. So many of the i range are stiff or regular flex and have yet to locate one in soft regular. I guess as they're aimed at better players...

I have tried the G20 driver in regular flex and it was fine but ideally would like a standard flex through my bag.

The shafts in the i series are that little bit better quality manufacturer shafts from what Ethan has told me....They would be one of the better OEM offerings....
They can be got in Reg flex but i haven't hit them so i cant comment...

I actually found out by accident that the stock stiff shaft in the i series suits me to a tee which is why Im very slow to change them.....

The only other thing you could try is to see would a local pro swap out the shafts....

Justman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Amanda.

Since you replied to the thread I started last week, I thought I would try a couple of hybrids at the range. I tried the Callaway RAZR X, a Cobra Baffler T Rail and an RBZ. Which did I hit best? The Ping G20 lol!

It's a difficult one as I completely understand where you're coming from. I feel I'm starting to get somewhere with mine, but if you're not getting on with yours, maybe at least trying something different may help.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Amanda.

Since you replied to the thread I started last week, I thought I would try a couple of hybrids at the range. I tried the Callaway RAZR X, a Cobra Baffler T Rail and an RBZ. Which did I hit best? The Ping G20 lol!

It's a difficult one as I completely understand where you're coming from. I feel I'm starting to get somewhere with mine, but if you're not getting on with yours, maybe at least trying something different may help.

Excellent news - it is for sure a confidence thing with me and it has never looked like "wow this is gonna smack this ball" - sort of clunky and clumsy looking rather than sleek - if that makes sense...

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have you considered other manufacturers? I know you may wish to keep your bag completely ping but why not test some others see how you get on?