Ping G410 Driver ?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ping G410 is a beast, combine it with the correct shaft and you will find it a very difficult combination to beat.

As Junior says the Even Flow is a stock option as is the Tensei Orange. Ping Tour option is also an excellent shaft and Ping probably make/source the best "made for" shaft options out of all manufacturers.

Again be careful and get fit. The G410 Plus is also a very low spin beast, it actually spins as much as the G400 LST therefore it means that the LST model will be mega mega low spin.

Thanks.. I know you know your stuff with all things Ping ??

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks.. I know you know your stuff with all things Ping ??

Also if you want to save some money look at the G400 Max. The rumour is that Ping have not brought out a G410 Max because they can't beat the figures produced by the G400 Max! How true that is I don't really know but the G400 Max has a huge cult following.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone using this at the moment or tried it out on a LM?
I’m looking for something new and tested several drivers out at the weekend, this appeared to be the easily the most consistent just based on hitting them at the range. Distance/Flight appeared to be solid into a firm crosswind and dispersion was fantastic.
I’ll be testing them out on a LM later this week.
What’s your thoughts on the G410 and what shafts have you tried- stock or otherwise?

I have this club G410 Plus 10.5 I have never driven the ball so well. I was fitted by Ping and came from Ping G SFT 12 degree Tour 65 Reg shaft that I felt I was hitting too high, the fitter put me in a 9 degree head with the Tensi Orange Stiff shaft and it felt great and the numbers were good spinning about 2100 ~ 2350, but I bottled it bought the head in 10.5 and de-lofted to 9.6 which opened the face a little that suits my eye.

I tried Titleist and Cobra but the G410 was just so good for me, maybe not the longest but I just love it.

I also have the G410 Fairway 5 wood set to 16.5 with Reg Tour 65 Shaft and as Tashy said a thing of beauty, the trilogy is completed with the 410 hybrid 22 degree again de-lofted to 21 both in flat setting

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also if you want to save some money look at the G400 Max. The rumour is that Ping have not brought out a G410 Max because they can't beat the figures produced by the G400 Max! How true that is I don't really know but the G400 Max has a huge cult following.
This is exactly what I found the G400 max was exactly the same numbers for me.

D

Deleted member 23270

Yep, Chilli Dip.
I only went for a quick basket as the course was shut and the match was off.. looks like Storm Dennis is going to cost me ?
Yep, Chilli Dip.
I only went for a quick basket as the course was shut and the match was off.. looks like Storm Dennis is going to cost me ?
Surely you can claim for it on your house insurance then? ?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Never heard a bad thing about the G400 max. Do you know if Ping are going to continuing to make it ?

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I was fitted for a G410 a few months back. Ended up with a plus with the Tour Stiff shaft. It’s made a huge difference to my game, I look forward to driving again. It’s not a magic wand but it’s a lot better than my previous club (TM M1 reg)

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just thought I am off to Ping Gainsborough on 2nd March for iron ,putter fitting so might have another go.
With different shafts.

Had a couple of good fittings there. Really enjoyed me time with there pros.

If memory serves me right. Once I was fitted I was given a paper with my fitting results on it re shaft, heads etc. If you bought from the shop the price of fitting was taken off the price of the clubs. But I checked with the price of the clubs at my course and could get them cheaper. So bought from me local pro.

Back to the fitting. I booked the longer lesson, so once my iron fitting was done there was plenty of time left over, so he checked my driver woods etc. Was very very good.

At the time the balls they used were AD 333’s so suited me as I was using them. But I pulled out a Pro V1, he mentioned that the pros when in town hit them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I took a punt on one about this time last year.
9° head lofted up to 10, flat setting, weight in the heel, Tour 65 stiff shaft...
All that needs to be said is that it's still in the bag and there little chance of it leaving.
And knowing my driver history in the last 10 years its apparent that miracles do happen

dronfield

Visit site
I've recent bought a 2nd hand G400 lst and have to say, like all Ping drivers I've tried it's pretty forgiving and long too

A mate went to AG this last weekend with his Ping 400 to take part in a comp they are running where you test your existing driver against their latest models, & he hit his own further than the new Ping, Calloway, Taylormade etc. Not an exact science - the AG fitter was trying to mirror his Ping400 set up with the other brands, but clearly he was already comfortable with the Ping and had never previously hit the other models.

The 400 seems a very popular driver, and you might source a good "used" one and save a few quid against buying a 410?

I am still using the Ping Series driver and think its a great club (model prior to the 400).