Ping G Driver

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wondering has anyone got one and what’s the opinion on them? I quite like the look of the turbulaters and they can be got new for good money now. Thanks

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like them behind the ball too and desperately wanted a G400, esp with smaller head.

Tested it wi t'prob though and he patiently showed me why it was wrong for me as spins so high.

That might work for some though, depends on your swing I guess.

Does show the benefit of having a quality pro though when looking at these things :thup:

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just wondering has anyone got one and what’s the opinion on them? I quite like the look of the turbulaters and they can be got new for good money now. Thanks

Tested, but found no advantage over my G30. Not surprised as I didn't expect gains. They felt the exact same club. Also read somewhere that a Ping rep admitted there was not ball speed increase for the G400 over the G30.

I will stick with my G30 (LS) for a few more years at least. Never the longest driver I have hit, but still long - talking 5-10 yards loss on the longest BUT and its a big but....the G30 and have no reason to think the G would be any different, it is by far the most forgiving driver I ever played. I will give up 5-10 yards all day long to play from the fairway

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Love mine - not a huge improvement over the G30 so you could save money if buying second hand and get that one. I had the G30 before the G400.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I love mine. Got a G SF-Tec model. Very forgiving. I don't believe the turbulators make any difference at my swing speed but they do make a very good alignment aid.

When I got it I tried the normal G and the LS as well. I got easily my best one-off numbers with the LS, but the SF-Tec wasn't too far behind and my much more consistent and forgiving on that day.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have played with a mate’s G400 and without a word of a lie it gave me an extra 10-20 yards. However at £350 it's still too rich for me. I wish they’d bring out a new model and I’d be interested in lashing out.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Like them behind the ball too and desperately wanted a G400, esp with smaller head.

Tested it wi t'prob though and he patiently showed me why it was wrong for me as spins so high.

That might work for some though, depends on your swing I guess.

Does show the benefit of having a quality pro though when looking at these things :thup:

Huds can you give an explanation of why it spins so high. For me its perfect. But for melly it goes miles up in the air.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had one for most of the year and just could not hit it, everything just went right with it. And yes that is my normal shape but no matter what I did just couldn't control it.

Went back to a Titleist and it works wonders for me, can keep the ball on the course now. And if I do hit one really offline I know its because I got too quick from the top and went all arms.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ping drivers are fantastic but the technology is maxed out and newer models aren’t that much better preforming imo.
Ita all about selling new clubs and marketing.
G30/G/G400 not much in them.
They are all great clubs

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I was fitted on Thursday for the G400 lst. I knew before I went it wouldn't be the standard nor the max, strangely fitted for an x flex in 8.5 lofted up to 9.5