Phishing threats

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is anyone else's anti virus giving them warnings about phishing threats while using the forum? Every time I click on a thread or go to the home page Avast is showing a pop up that it's blocked a phishing threat. It's happening on every thread and all the main forum pages, OOB, The Lounge etc.

1712761684063.png

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I deleted Avast and AVG from my laptop using windows 10 because they were slowing it down and them wanting me to upgrade all the time.
I'm just using the Windows Security now. But still have AVG on my phone.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hadn't thought about adverts. Are there any pop up ads on the forum at the minute that it might not be liking and so it's blocking them?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another new one today that's happening on both my (Android) phone and on my laptop. Every time I open the forum home page there's a pop-up about cookies. Click "Essential cookies only" and it goes away only to return every time I click to read a thread or go to the next page on a thread.

1714107813645.png

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As you are clicking Essential Only it will be checking that you don't want to change your mind when you move around the site.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As you are clicking Essential Only it will be checking that you don't want to change your mind when you move around the site.

Thanks. Just went into options, turned everything off and saved it and it seems to have resolved the problem. I'm useless with all this sort of stuff. I'm very much an analogue kind of guy living in a digital world.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've not seen it, even when using my company laptop which is pretty heavily protected. Mind you, I also use adblocker which may be helping.
On all my personal laptop, phones, tablets, etc. I use BitDefender which gets pretty good reviews and seems to block anything nasty.