Phi golf

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I have been looking at this for a while. I decided I would put my birthday money towards it and purchased it the other day.
I had a couple of quick goes on it yesterday when it arrived, and I kept blocking the driver...
So today I start looking at my swing a bit more carefully and started to release my wrists more. This made it straight down the line. But what is interesting is you can check your swing plane, face angle, angle of attack, club path, tempo and speed. It assumes every hit is perfect but that’s okay as long as you understand this.
I can see my long nights abroad are going to be occupied ??... anyone else tried this ? Any other views?

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had been looking into it, believe @upsidedown has one.

I went for a ti.ttle x in the end. Was going to probably put a thread up in the next week or so.

Thanks for the feedback. I had the R- motion which is similar but I could only use outdoors due to space considerations. The sensors were also very fiddly but to be fair the stats were comparable with Toptracer at the range. I'd love to know your opinion of the ti.ttle as I’m looking at either this or the Phi Golf as – with the shortened swing stick both can be used indoors. The most important element for me is the swing feedback and states much more than the gaming functions so how are these showing for either of you?

Also, what’s the price you paid where did you purchase?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So all The data you can collect in a virtual range session.
The ones I have found interesting are the face angle and swing plane.
My swing is not into out it’s pretty neutral on this, my face angle is open when I don’t release... so this has indicated that I need to practice my release especially with my driver .. I have a tendency to be ambidextrous and can write and play darts with my left hand. It also served me well on the hockey pitch, but when it comes to golf my right side is finding my left hand resisting ?. So I am working on that. I will have a real range session this afternoon and we will see if this and the resolution exist.
There is a launch angle measurement.. but I cannot understand how they do this unless it’s a specific point on swing path.. but mine is 0 to 3.4 degrees with an average around 1.7. with a driver so that explains my driving improvement and why I can operate down at 9 degrees loft. I will increase it once I have got my face angle below 2 degrees open at impact though.

There is a long distance driving range as well, that probably could be good for speed training .. honestly I have not played a round of golf on it I am just finding my way with it.

I got mine off Amazon and it was £189. I think it might be good value for keeping me entertained whilst I work abroad...

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just been reading up on my club path and club face, if I stand open and hit with an open face I should reduce my push ... but these are fractions. Theoretically my open club face should have minimum affect and my path should become less in to out.. might be one of those narrowing of all possible outcomes!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I had the R- motion which is similar but I could only use outdoors due to space considerations. The sensors were also very fiddly but to be fair the stats were comparable with Toptracer at the range. I'd love to know your opinion of the ti.ttle as I’m looking at either this or the Phi Golf as – with the shortened swing stick both can be used indoors. The most important element for me is the swing feedback and states much more than the gaming functions so how are these showing for either of you?

Also, what’s the price you paid where did you purchase?
The 3rd hand info I picked up was that the Phi has the most sophisticated hardware, and the r-motion probably the best capturing software. I fancied the r-motion but it being discontinued and the golf sim link up having been superseded a few times ultimately put me off. I was wanting to use proper clubs and foam balls and that seemed to rule out the Phi.
I bought direct from the tittlexplay site and was about 150 usd inc postage. Probably cheaper options but played safe.
My expectations were not high for accuracy etc (being realistic for pricepoint), it's early days and can't compare with the others, but encouraging. I think it's geared more for the sim gaming though and the E6 software seems pretty good.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had been looking into it, believe @upsidedown has one.

I went for a ti.ttle x in the end. Was going to probably put a thread up in the next week or so.
Yes indeed, although not used it for quite a while, mainly down to poor Internet speeds and phone but have upgraded phone so will probably get back to using it over the winter to keep the swing ticking over using a 7 iron.
Found playing the courses with the swing stick that short shots were very jumpy, again that might be th e poor Internet speed

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the sensor needs to be held in the position of the club your playing, which then changes the swing speed .. but the path and face stuff are pretty similar in that if the face is open it’s open and if the path is out to in or in to out it will always be that ..
I haven’t tried a baseball swing yet ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I popped the sensor into my driver today, for a couple of practice swings, there is a large difference in swing speed .. it records me 25-30mph slower, so that’s a misread either way. The face angle and path were also different. I have been recoding around 3-5 degrees positive on path and face .. so if there is no release it’s straight out right. With the club, face angle is decreased and is around 0-1.5 degrees open, path is also reduced to -1.8 - +2 degrees ... so I can get out to in with the club, which I can’t with the stick. I will definitely include this in my range sessions and see the consequences of my bad swings

BubbaP

Visit site

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Okay been some time now with this. For me the speed is way off from reality doesn’t matter what you stick it in it is clueless. I can cheat it by setting club address with the club ahead of the ball and it ramps the speed up. But the problem is it cannot tell you where peak speed is of the head. Which it should be able to do. The face angle and path stuff was good little exaggerated to my actual clubs.
However speed inaccuracies and then the consequential impact to distances meant this thing is frustrating and I wouldn’t bother playing with it in anyway shape or form. I have given up tolerating stuff that frustrates me, being a man of a certain age group I just walk away or put it down and don’t get involved with it... so this will go to eBay very soon.

BubbaP

Visit site
Ah well, nothing ventured and all that.
I had read a couple of similar reports but good to have info from the forum.

Have to say I'm enjoying the tittlexplay, but there is probably something around expectations. Plus maybe ignorance is bliss ?
I was thinking that the feedback & stats would most likely not be good enough for a scratch player, but maybe are for a chomper like me.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah well, nothing ventured and all that.
I had read a couple of similar reports but good to have info from the forum.

Have to say I'm enjoying the tittlexplay, but there is probably something around expectations. Plus maybe ignorance is bliss ?
I was thinking that the feedback & stats would most likely not be good enough for a scratch player, but maybe are for a chomper like me.
The speed stuff is the easiest thing to do, it’s been available for years. I think they just have put a bad sensor in there. You don’t need to be a scratcher to notice it, it is just 30mph away from reality .. 3-4mph is acceptable