PGA Tour 2K21

nyckuk

Visit site
I've given in, seeing it on sale today at half price so finally happy to hand over my cash.

Edit: Glad I did, putting and chipping feel really natural, feedback is consistent.

It is a lot easier than the older games but I will slowly turn off aids and crank up the difficulty. After a few hours I don't need the putting line anymore so don't hold R. I can consistently shoot -6 with wind on off the back tees, hdcp is -8.8!

I started on the medium setting for aids so will move up now to the harder one.
Where did you see it half Price ??

smahon87

Visit site
There isn't a "punch" shot type but if you hold L1 and adjust the left and right stick you can change angle of attack and loft. Combine this with adjusting the power of say a 5i and you will get a punch shot. The right stick is also used for spin, so holding L1 and pushing right stick will give you maximum spin. Lie, club and swing accuracy impact how much spin you get. Also note it reduces the size of the sweet spot when you do this so makes it harder.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
There isn't a "punch" shot type but if you hold L1 and adjust the left and right stick you can change angle of attack and loft. Combine this with adjusting the power of say a 5i and you will get a punch shot. The right stick is also used for spin, so holding L1 and pushing right stick will give you maximum spin. Lie, club and swing accuracy impact how much spin you get. Also note it reduces the size of the sweet spot when you do this so makes it harder.

I am still learning, I use a mouse swing which IMO works really well in this version, bad swings are my fault!

smahon87

Visit site
I only found out about the L1 button and what each stick controlled last week. Theres a good society on the NLU forums that might be worth signing up for if anyone is interested, or we could try set one up here.

I was really bad when I got it first but I'm average at it now. Playing the tour mode on Pro is too easy but I'm not yet ready for the next skill level as I struggle without some of the aids. The NLU society skill is just right for me currently I think.

nyckuk

Visit site
I only found out about the L1 button and what each stick controlled last week. Theres a good society on the NLU forums that might be worth signing up for if anyone is interested, or we could try set one up here.

I was really bad when I got it first but I'm average at it now. Playing the tour mode on Pro is too easy but I'm not yet ready for the next skill level as I struggle without some of the aids. The NLU society skill is just right for me currently I think.
Can we play in the same society if we are playing on different platformes ie Xbox?Playstaion/PC ??

I joined a couple of societies but the winners are all in the -55 range , im lucky if in the minus figures after 4 rounds

smahon87

Visit site
Not via the game itself unfortunately. NLU does it via a google doc where everyone manually updates their scores, they've got a lot of players of all skill levels though.

For it to work cross-platform we'd need someone on each platform to create the society and events. Never thought of that actually, and probably too much effort to organise for only a handful of us here.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I am fairly enjoying the h2h online games. Setting them up for 3 holes and 9 holes was a good choice. Only downside is I cant see an option to concede the hole in match play.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am fairly enjoying the h2h online games. Setting them up for 3 holes and 9 holes was a good choice. Only downside is I cant see an option to concede the hole in match play.
That is annoying that they still haven't sorted that. On the previous game, TGC19, a few of my mates also had the game and we used to play two on two matches. So often one team would have a tap-in for par sitting there, while the other team has 25 foot bogey putt that the game makes them play. :sleep: They just need a 'concede hole' option in the pause menu, like the do with the 'declare unplayable' option.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I have settled on the "Pro" settings as my target difficulty, played 18 in +1 around a medium difficulty course on middle tees. Very rewarding and enjoyable!

Will need a lot of practice before I can take that into the career mode however as I struggle at times, with some practice and thinking I can get to -2 ish I would guess but not the -5 or lower rounds I got on Pro-Am.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Try the golf club 2021. I use the 2019 version for my simulator and there’s some class course designers building some great courses to play on any format.

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
Check out The Gravity Society....

He only puts on UK Real Courses some real good tracks.
He’s also got a link on Twitter and Instagram! PS4/PS5 only though unfortunately.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try the golf club 2021. I use the 2019 version for my simulator and there’s some class course designers building some great courses to play on any format.

I can’t believe it’s been 13 years now since I was an up and coming course designer, I never got my chance to flourish due to lack of games then starting a family.