Performing Under Pressure?

Rob_Gibbons

Visit site
Hello everyone,

As part of my Masters in Sport Psychology I am conducting some research into performing under pressure. We are interested in whether an individual's personality influences how they perceive and perform under different types of pressure in sport (eg. large crowd, financial reward, putting to win the match etc). This research takes the form of a 15 minute questionnaire and is open to any adult (18+) who has played a sport competitively in the last 5 years (this includes in your club matches). Furthermore, 8 participants will be selected at the end of the study to win a £25 amazon voucher.

If anyone would like to take part in this research then please follow this link to the online questionnaire - http://brunellifesc.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_87DKcn9HHRkpSF7.

I'd also like to start a discussion of what situations in golf make you feel under pressure and how you tend to perform in these situations? Personally, I find I struggle most with pressure when I'm playing well and am on track for posting a good score (relative to my rather disappointing 16 handicap!). Once these thoughts start entering my head the double bogeys soon start to follow!

What does everyone else struggle with?

Rob_Gibbons

Visit site
I found with some of the either /or questions at the end it was hard to answer either way.

Yeah the last one is a bit fiddly. Unfortunately that's the most valid short measure of narcissism that we could find, and narcissism is a personality trait that's been linked to choking under pressure in previous research. Thanks for doing it anyway!