Pencil / scratch bag?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bought a new pencil bag last week. Took it to the range, the chipping green and done 11 solo holes with it. Took around 10 clubs in it. Should really take a couple less but wanted to hit a couple of clubs off the tee.

My wee tip for using a bag with no legs is to use an old putter that doesnt need a headcover. Its gets old pretty quick taking that off and on all the time.

Heres my caddy with the bag.

View attachment 41883
That's a nice bag where did you get that?

Got an original 50s bag tha same, but would risk using it too often as it's just wouldn't survive.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's a nice bag where did you get that?

Got an original 50s bag tha same, but would risk using it too often as it's just wouldn't survive.

I got it on ebay. Theres no branding on it whatsoever. I've no idea how old it is.
It was brand new but kept it storage. Few tiny marks on it from that.
It will eventually mark, scrape and wear over time but that will just add to its charm.
Its not to everyones tastes but I love it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I got it on ebay. Theres no branding on it whatsoever. I've no idea how old it is.
It was brand new but kept it storage. Few tiny marks on it from that.
It will eventually mark, scrape and wear over time but that will just add to its charm.
Its not to everyones tastes but I love it.
Is it leather or imitation?

Seen a few similar, new of old style. If it is leather, seen them going for £500 plus. There were some Chinese made canvas all the Swedes had at the last hickory meet I went too, though they all complained about them.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Bought a new pencil bag last week. Took it to the range, the chipping green and done 11 solo holes with it. Took around 10 clubs in it. Should really take a couple less but wanted to hit a couple of clubs off the tee.

My wee tip for using a bag with no legs is to use an old putter that doesnt need a headcover. Its gets old pretty quick taking that off and on all the time.

Heres my caddy with the bag.

View attachment 41883
Could be quite handy to use to get to a few tees or greens at your place. 2, 6 and 9 spring to mind. Poss a couple on the back too but my memory of them has faded - likely (at least assisted) from efforts on the front.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site