PCC adjustment

singh246

Visit site

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think if you searched for PCC, you'd find a range of topics.

Ultimately, if there is no PCC applied, the scores going in that day are in the expected ranges of those that are playing. No-one knows what these ranges are. It's a proprietary formula. I guess the simple answer is simply....play better.

I have had PCCs on some rounds, I have not had PCCs on some rounds. Put the score in the system, and see what you get given the following day. Don't worry too much about it.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree with the OP and it is something worth bothering about.
Every single round, except 1, that I have submitted have been PCC 0.
Many of these have been comps in very challenging weather. These would definitely have affected the CSS under the old system.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree with the OP and it is something worth bothering about.
Every single round, except 1, that I have submitted have been PCC 0.
Many of these have been comps in very challenging weather. These would definitely have affected the CSS under the old system.

CSS and PCC are two completely different things.

CSS looked at the scores submitted by handicap categories, PCC looks at expected scoring range. Which is going to be wider than people think

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
CSS and PCC are two completely different things.

CSS looked at the scores submitted by handicap categories, PCC looks at expected scoring range. Which is going to be wider than people think

What's the point in having it if it virtually never changes?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since the new handicap system came into play in Nov '22, I've had 44 rounds. Not a single one has had a PCC adjustment applied.

With the old system, I had 130 rounds and 33 rounds had an adjustment - so around 25%.

I saw the following article:

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/world-handicap-system-playing-conditions-calculation-change/

There was a supposed change towards the end of August, but I'm still seeing no adjustments applied.

What's everyone else's experience with this?
It's been less than a month since it was changed, why would you expect to see any PCC effect? Has the weather changed significantly where you are? Would you have expected the CSS to make an appearance in CONGU days?

yandabrown

Visit site
I've got 3 in my last 20 scores, two 1's and a 3 (a particularly nasty February morning). So that's about 15% of the time. All of them were before it was changed.