Patrick Reed positive

D

Deleted member 23344

I don’t like the guy but, as you say, he deserves credit for that.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I must be in a minority, as I like the guy. Great golfer, but for me it’s his mental strength that I really admire.
However, if he’s not that popular with his peers and parents don’t bother with him, that’s another story
Im the same. Like the guy.

Was at le Golf National for the Sunday in 2018. He was the only American to show any real personality in the holes I saw each of them play, bar DJ on one putt. Followed him at Wentworth a few times too. Brilliant player to watch up close.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have just done a search on negative press regarding Reed and barring leaving a tournament a little early in a huff I can't see anything that goes further than someone just having a bad day while being heckled by fans and accepting a penalty without apologising, which from my perspective would have been great but not necessary.

Is it more of an accumulative thing because I cant see him as any better or worse than the average person.

D

Deleted member 29109

He's a cut above the rest of the field this week. He round yesterday looked so easy.

Shame about the cheating as he is an otherwise very good player.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I have just done a search on negative press regarding Reed and barring leaving a tournament a little early in a huff I can't see anything that goes further than someone just having a bad day while being heckled by fans and accepting a penalty without apologising, which from my perspective would have been great but not necessary.

Is it more of an accumulative thing because I cant see him as any better or worse than the average person.
Unfortunately it’s been severe key incidents. Most notably where he took sand on his back swing in a bunker which clearly looked like he was preferring his lie. Slow mo zoomed in cameras cause the controversy but he must’ve now with the amount of sand he took. In general I do like him but it’s the key incidents that make me struggle with him.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately it’s been severe key incidents. Most notably where he took sand on his back swing in a bunker which clearly looked like he was preferring his lie. Slow mo zoomed in cameras cause the controversy but he must’ve now with the amount of sand he took. In general I do like him but it’s the key incidents that make me struggle with him.

He also has a chequered US college career but all the players on the team allude to things without full details. Plus split from parents and discussions about his wife being a bit marmite but I think she’s just got his back.

I know there is baggage but I quite admire his resilience and quality of play. Interesting tweet from Eddie Pepperell on Reed today replying to Mcginley saying Reed was putting on a short game masterclass in Dubai “It’s been said before but he really is the best in the world. Stunning on and around the greens.”