Parent : child tournament

IslaG

Visit site
Has anyone organised a young : old tournament. Young person must be school age adult partner must be a relative Just been given the job of scoping it for our club - kids would need to have a h’cap (I think) All thoughts and suggestions appreciated and any potential problems you think of I thought stableford, kids off forward tees but totally open to ideas.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A slight variation, if the kids don't all have handicaps is to run it like a golfer/non golfer competition where the golfer plays all shots up to the green and then the non golfer/junior does the putting on the green.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Has anyone organised a young : old tournament. Young person must be school age adult partner must be a relative Just been given the job of scoping it for our club - kids would need to have a h’cap (I think) All thoughts and suggestions appreciated and any potential problems you think of I thought stableford, kids off forward tees but totally open to ideas.

Our club has these. It is played as foursomes Stableford and is a really good fun competition played in memory of a former member. The two players (adult plus junior) do not have to be related to each other, but often are. The club will pair people up who want to play if you don't have an automatic pairing. Not sure how the safeguarding for that works.

There is also a family foursomes matchplay knockout over the summer where the two players do have to be related, but it does not have to be junior+adult combination.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
A slight variation, if the kids don't all have handicaps is to run it like a golfer/non golfer competition where the golfer plays all shots up to the green and then the non golfer/junior does the putting on the green.

My first ever experience of a golf course was in a competition like this with my Dad at his club. We won. :)