Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My most local station has sold out again (has diesel only remaining). I went to another nearby station though and got in straight away, no queues. However, as I said in random irritations, whoever was there before me only bought £6 worth of petrol so I guess people are still panicking. ??‍♂️

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Patch availability here too.. but madness seems to have subsided. So people seem to be working around it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Back to normal here. I guess the Brexit issues blamed for this have been solved in 10 days. :censored:
I doubt it. All that has happened is that the irregular/panic buying has stopped. The shortage of tanker and HGV drivers, that we all know about now, will not have been sorted in 10 days. Seems like some of the UKs JIT supply chains are not very resilient and, as a result of permanently operating close to tipping point, are subject to failure given relatively small changes in supply or demand.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My most local station has sold out again (has diesel only remaining). I went to another nearby station though and got in straight away, no queues. However, as I said in random irritations, whoever was there before me only bought £6 worth of petrol so I guess people are still panicking. ??‍♂️
Could be just a groundsman / gardener filling his Jerry for the mower!
Woman in front of us yesterday pulled up by the pump and didn’t get any fuel she just went into the shop for some milk.
There is a massive car park on the site ( Tesco )
A few people waiting behind us let her know what they thought.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Could be just a groundsman / gardener filling his Jerry for the mower!
Woman in front of us yesterday pulled up by the pump and didn’t get any fuel she just went into the shop for some milk.
There is a massive car park on the site ( Tesco )
A few people waiting behind us let her know what they thought.

Let me guess.. she driving a BMW or an Audi..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our local counsellor sent this in response to lack of garden waste collection …

There is no green bin collection this week. Our reduced winter service plan is aiming for one more collection before Christmas, probably in November, one more in late January, prior to, fingers crossed, the service restarting properly late spring. We will be giving sufficient notice to residents when a collection will occur.

At the moment, a potential impact is whether there will be sufficient gritting drivers available this winter. If not, the green waste may be sacrificed to help out there. That's a logical thing to do as without gritted roads, we can't get any bins lorries (black, blue, green or food) out safely.

On a positive note, there are almost double digit trainees going through the intensive driving academy which does give us some confidence that next spring we'll get it back to normal.

—-
Hopefully it will all be fine soon

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

There is no green bin collection this week. Our reduced winter service plan is aiming for one more collection before Christmas, probably in November, one more in late January, prior to, fingers crossed, the service restarting properly late spring. We will be giving sufficient notice to residents when a collection will occur.

At the moment, a potential impact is whether there will be sufficient gritting drivers available this winter. If not, the green waste may be sacrificed to help out there. That's a logical thing to do as without gritted roads, we can't get any bins lorries (black, blue, green or food) out safely.

On a positive note, there are almost double digit trainees going through the intensive driving academy which does give us some confidence that next spring we'll get it back to normal.

—-

Starting late Spring which means to me around the beginning of June. Unless we have sub Artic climate until then your lawn should hve plenty of growth. Added to that there seems little logical thought

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

—-

Our garden bins haven’t been emptied since the beginning of August. They’ve arranged a one of collection on Monday to empty the bins. I’m hoping their trucks are up to the job as our bin (as I suspect most are) weighs a ton!!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Do you have a local council tip?

Yep but the damage was done from weeks of telling us it was a suspension of a week or two and so we all carried on using our garden bins as normal. Was after about 6 weeks that they came out and said that actually they were suspending the service indefinitely. By that point everyone's garden bins had been full up for weeks and so were just left to sit. They were pretty rotten so no one particularly fancied putting it into cars so it's just been left. The council finally bowed to pressure given their lack of effort and they agreed a single collection to get everyone sorted. Going forward we'll all have to use the tip however at least we know that and won't be using our garden bins until the service is resumed.