Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can you be anymore of the problem??????????????????????

I can try…

In fact I was trying to be helpful and offer lessons on how to make pigs in blankets. Special discount available for any snowflakes who struggle to combine the two key ingredients and find the right temperature.

(With my masterchef hat..) .. it is my grandma’s recipe and reminds me of home..

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can try…

In fact I was trying to be helpful and offer lessons on how to make pigs in blankets. Special discount available for any snowflakes who struggle to combine the two key ingredients and find the right temperature.

(With my masterchef hat..) .. it is my grandma’s recipe and reminds me of home..

sorry but thats utter bollox and you know it, you constantly post about idiots whilst being one of the idiots, try practising what you preach rather than thinking its ok to be aloof to it! Like SILH you seem to think the no politics rule doesnt apply to you whilst constantly sniping away under the guise of humour

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plenty of fuel in Perth and no queues. I have full tank, about 450miles, with a 480mile drive to do tomorrow. What to do? I could top up in Dunblane and that would probably get me home, or I could wait a couple of hundred miles until I need to fill up.

However I have concerns about north and Midlands of England situation. Reports abound about shortages…Plus anecdotally my lad in Sheffield hasn’t been able to find fuel yesterday or today - he’s done what was asked and not topped up as he has travelled about this week working, but he is now on red and can’t find any fuel - and he has work all this weekend. But no fuel; no work; no money. So he is walking the petrol stations with a petrol container tomorrow…hoping - as we are all hoping this all gets sorted and back to normal very soon.

I think I’ll top up in Dunblane and keep my fingers crossed for my lad. Different circumstances - same problem.

What was asked was not to put in £5 worth. Not drive around all week and run your tank empty:rolleyes: Oh, and some petrol stations are not allowing jerry cans to be filled up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What was asked was not to put in £5 worth. Not drive around all week and run your tank empty:rolleyes: Oh, and some petrol stations are not allowing jerry cans to be filled up.
I think it was more to do with only filling up when you need to and to not continually top up. Well that’s what I was hearing and I did get some criticism last week when I did a £21 top up. But hey. There we are.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Far too practical. More relevant, why not just fill up rather than opening up a further ‘ can of worms’ from people on here offering advice!
I am currently full, but may well top up whilst still north of Glasgow, and might well also fill up a petrol container (assuming I can find one to buy) for my lad…just in case he can’t find any fuel himself tomorrow.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tomorrow got a 150 mile round trip for the niece’s birthday .. going to be easy on that accelerator. Also hoping that the insulate idiots to show up on the M25 again ..

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I normally do the weekly shop early Saturday morning at the nearest Tesco...
Had to go to the one on the other sidemof town as the queue for the filling station was blocking the entrance, roundabout and road...at 6.15 this morning.
There's no end in sight around here....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
At the caravan for the weekend and drove last about 8 or petrol stations - everyone out of fuel, even those on the motorways services