Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 18588

My drive home takes 45 on a good day hour on a bad day

However since this fuel crazyness today was 1 hour 20 mins and been hour and 10 most days

Just to get round the queues

Beyond last weekend we haven't seen much queuing.

Local supermarkets (Sainsburys, Morrisons and Tesco) looked a little busier than usual but no great long lines.

Those three cover South Leicester, Hinckley and Ashby de la Zouch.

No idea how this compares with other people's real experiences but certainly seems completely different to the situation in London and the South East (at least as reported by the media?).

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Beyond last weekend we haven't seen much queuing.

Local supermarkets (Sainsburys, Morrisons and Tesco) looked a little busier than usual but no great long lines.

Those three cover South Leicester, Hinckley and Ashby de la Zouch.

No idea how this compares with other people's real experiences but certainly seems completely different to the situation in London and the South East (at least as reported by the media?).

The queues themselves aren't say massively long but if it's more than 3 cars out of the forecourt on the stations I'm passing it's queuing on the a406 just as it goes from 3 to 2 lanes anyways so that's down to 1 lane and then the a13 when you just join on a slip road so it's chaos...

Not the best stations to have queues in

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was speaking to an employee at the Local supermarket petrol station. Police are having to repeatedly shut it down due to motorist blocking access roads which stop bus services running.

It's a shame the same force don't act as efficiently with the great unwashed on the M25 junctions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Doesn't look like any places are open in town tonight...both Tesco stations are closed and all the others seem deserted.
Fortunately I have enough to get me to next weekend and I hope it's back to normal by then..

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Plenty of fuel in Perth and no queues. I have full tank, about 450miles, with a 480mile drive to do tomorrow. What to do? I could top up in Dunblane and that would probably get me home, or I could wait a couple of hundred miles until I need to fill up.

However I have concerns about north and Midlands of England situation. Reports abound about shortages…Plus anecdotally my lad in Sheffield hasn’t been able to find fuel yesterday or today - he’s done what was asked and not topped up as he has travelled about this week working, but he is now on red and can’t find any fuel - and he has work all this weekend. But no fuel; no work; no money. So he is walking the petrol stations with a petrol container tomorrow…hoping - as we are all hoping this all gets sorted and back to normal very soon.

I think I’ll top up in Dunblane and keep my fingers crossed for my lad. Different circumstances - same problem.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Plenty of fuel in Perth and no queues. I have about 450miles in the tank and a 480mile drive to do tomorrow. What to do? I could top up in Dunblane and that would probably get me home, or I could wait a couple of hundred miles until I need to fill up.

However I have concerns about north and Midlands of England situation. Reports abound about shortages…Plus anecdotally my lad in Sheffield hasn’t been able to find fuel yesterday or today - he’s done what was asked and not topped up as he has travelled about this week working, but he is now on red and can’t find any fuel - and he has work all this weekend. But no fuel; no work; no money. So he is walking the petrol stations with a petrol container tomorrow…hoping - as we are all hoping this all gets sorted and back to normal very soon.

I think I’ll top up in Dunblane and keep my fingers crossed for my lad. Different circumstances - same problem.

Why don’t you top up in Dunblane and get a container full for your boy and drop it off as you go past on your way south

#logistics

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Next shortage coming up.. Raid your local shop for pigs in blankets 26689DE7-860A-4AE3-AEC3-819C36287BE9.jpeg

I am happy to run online classes to support anyone struggling with the complex ingredients in pigs in blankets .. for a donation for H4H

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Filled up after collecting the shopping at Tesco tonight, drove straight upto the pump as there was no queue.

Not all pumps were open, but the ones that were had all fuel options available.